Breastfeeding
Options

Wcm/bm/almond milk?

If your LO is over a year and you bf/pump, did you add any wcm or other milk in?  I especially would love to know how much you offered. I am thinking of doing morning and night nursing at one year and then giving some of my massive frozen stash plus some almond milk during the day. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Wcm/bm/almond milk?

• Options
    I nurse morning and late-afternoon.  DD gets 3oz of frozen BM  at night and if she wants more I just give her 2oz or so of WCM.
  • Options
    Can I ask why you would do almond milk instead of cow's milk? Unless your LO has a dairy intolerance/allergy I'm not sure why you would introduce a nut-based product. I'm curious to hear your answer since DD has dairy issues so I'm starting to research our options on this issue too.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't drink cow's milk.  I drink rice milk, but the fat content in rice milk is so much lower than in almond milk.  I am considering almond milk because the fat content is most closely related to WCM, although not as high, but higher than most non dairy milks.  I am also somewhat skeptical about large quantities of soy as I have a long family history of thyroid problems and too much soy can be bad for your thyroid, I've read.

• Options
    Callum has never had cow milk on any regular basis.  He does eat cow milk yogurt and cheese pretty much daily and sometimes asks for a glass of milk.  Usually he uses almond milk on cereal and such because that's what I use.   Oh, and he nursed until almost 2 - quite frequently for the first few months of being 1 and then tapering down (I probably had no milk when he weaned since I was pregnant).
  • Options

imagencbelle:
    Callum has never had cow milk on any regular basis.  He does eat cow milk yogurt and cheese pretty much daily and sometimes asks for a glass of milk.  Usually he uses almond milk on cereal and such because that's what I use.   Oh, and he nursed until almost 2 - quite frequently for the first few months of being 1 and then tapering down (I probably had no milk when he weaned since I was pregnant).

Did you guys offer him almond milk throughout the day while he was still nursing after age one or was he mainly only still nursing?  I know that being bf is enough, but if I'm only bf two times per day I wonder if I need to supplement him.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"