Cloth Diapering

Tell me about gdiapers??

I'm looking into starting to CD my toddler and my newborn (once he gets here).  I have been researching different types and trying to find what would work best for us to start with.  Does anybody here use gdiapers?  What are the pros and cons of them?  They seem pretty simple to use and cute, plus I like the idea of being able to choose between a reuseable insert and a flushable one for when we are out.  Any thoughts, good or bad?
image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Tell me about gdiapers??

• At one point I had a c&p for this answer, but it got lost somewhere.

Good: They have excellent marketing.

Bad: They're expensive, not waterproof, and a lot of people have trouble getting a good fit on them.

You'll find people who use them and like them, but it's a really small percentage of those who use cloth. You're better off looking at another hybrid system of you want to go that way.

• Generally, they are love them or hate them. They work well for us, and are very trim. They are usually easy to find used if you want to try them, but I wouldn't want a whole stash of them.
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Loading the player...
  • WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY! Flip has a hybrid that allows you to use cloth or disposable inserts and they work so much better and are so much easier to use!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • GroVia also has a hybrid system that works better than Gdiapers.  And they have a starter kit called Curious about Cloth that comes with shells, cotton soakers and disposable inserts.

I would skip the Gdiapers altogether.  There's a reason so many people are selling those online.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks, ladies!  The things I liked about the gdiapers were the cuteness and the fact that almost the whole diaper is NOT pul.  I really don't like the idea of a full pul cover touching my LOs skin (like most other AI2s I've seen) so I like that the whole diaper is a breathable material and just the liner is pul (I'm assuming).  I also like the closures being in the back because I have a toddler and also the gdiapers seem easier to deal with the laundry as we don't have a washer in our house.  I can easily hand wash the shell and inserts in a pinch and just switch out the liners or wipe down as needed.

Cost is no issue in my diapering options so I'm pretty open to anything.  I guess I just need to try a few gdiapers on my LO and see how they fit on him before investing in a bunch of them - it seems as long as the fit works on LOs body type that it would be fine.

Thanks for all the input, ladies!  :)

image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • short answer: they didn't work all that great for us

detailed review in my blog (siggy) on the Adventures in CD page

The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    The Bee Hive Blog
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!
    25 Weeks - GOAL MET 52.2 Pounds gone! 27 Weeks Total Pounds Lost: 54.0
  • I was given two used by a friend and I liked them so much that I bought some gCloth and a couple more diapers.  We have several in our stash (the majority of which is BG4.0's and Fuzzibunz Perfect Fits).   The gDiapers are what I'll typically reach for if we're going somewhere for 8+ hours because I like that I don't have to carry as much (just a couple extra liners and pants, and a bunch of gCloth or inserts...the BG newborn inserts also work well for us).  I also like how trim they fit, so for some specific outfits/pants, I'll reach for the gDiapers.  They're definitely not my favorite diapers, but I like them and don't have any problems with leaks with them.  I think my biggest "complaint" might be that I'm noticing the pants are pretty small...and they might be shrinking?...I refuse to wash them separate from all my other diaper laundry, so despite the fact that you can wash the pants with regular laundry, they go in with my other CD's and get washed in very hot water.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"