Breastfeeding

When did you start building a freezer stash?

And how much extra are you able to store per day?  Do you have a certain time of day that you pump for your stash?

Re: When did you start building a freezer stash?

• I was home for just over 4 mos and started pumping at 1 month. Those first few weeks I wanted to get my supply in line. I just got a few oz every day (pumping ~1hr after dd's first daytime nursing) that I would freeze because we were still together 24/7 and nursing on demand. I kept that one pump session in the morning plus pumped 3x a day at work for a few months, then I decided the morning one was too time consuming plus I had 500+oz frozen, so I now only pump while at work. Some days I just barely keep up with her, other days I have an extra 6oz to freeze.  

*Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Honestly, I think this answer is different for everyone and there is no necessarily right answer.

For me, I BF and pump throughout the day. During the time I am watching her, which is almost the entire day, I breastfeed her for feedings and pump either after or inbetween feedings to increase supply and have milk for my H to feed her during the four hour nap I take once a day. 

I pump about 10 oz. a day, and approximately 2-4 oz. goes to DD during my nap. I have 6 oz. containers, so I put one away every day. You can only keep refrigerated milk for so long, so after I have filled my six oz. container, it goes straight to my deep freezer. It can last in there for 12 months, so I'm not worried about starting too early.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"