High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Daily Bed Rest Check-In (FRI) 12/30/11

Good morning everyone... last check-in for 2011.  For all the drama during the year, it still just flew by!  Wishing you all a happy healthy new year!!  What a year it's going to be!!!

Today's questions:

1.  What was your favorite moment of 2011?

2.  How do you plan to ring in the new year?

3.  Do you have any New Year's resolutions for 2012?

4.  Updates & vents

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Daily Bed Rest Check-In (FRI) 12/30/11

• Options

Hearing my baby's heartbeat and seeing the look on my husband's face when he did too.

Snuggled up with my husband watching movies, eating something delicious and drinking sparkling grape juice.

Volunteer more, to not get stressed about things I can't control and get back to exercising when I get the "all-clear" from my doctor.

4.  Updates & vents

Well today is day1 of bed rest so no vents yet, but will take any tips on staying sane and how not to worry!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

1.  What was your favorite moment of 2011?  Seeing my son expericence so many new things during our April cruise.

2.  How do you plan to ring in the New year?  most likely asleep, hopefully at home in my own bed

3.  Do you have any New Year's resolutions for 2012?  have a healthy baby and get back to the gym

4.  Updates and vents  My hips are so achy and sore.  So hard to sleep.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Cheesy...watching my daughter grow and learn. 

On the couch with DH...he'll probably have to wake me up to see the ball drop.   

Organize our millions of pictures electronically, then get them into photo books. 

4.  Updates & vents
    DH goes back to work Tuesday, he's been off since before Christmas :(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Happy Last Friday of 2011!  I can't believe the year is almost over!

1.  What was your favorite moment of 2011? Finding out we were expecting was probably the best.  Followed a close second by both of us changing our jobs to ones that make us much much happier.

2.  How do you plan to ring in the new year? We'll probably celebrate the east coast new year and head to bed.  DH has come down with a cold, so he won't want to do much.  Maybe we'll get some takeout.

3.  Do you have any New Year's resolutions for 2012? To lose the baby weight and continue to eat healthy.  The GD diet has been great for me, and there are parts that I'd love to continue.

4.  Updates & vents Nothing really new here... I have another NST this afternoon, and that's about it.  I've been feeling pretty good, which makes it hard to sit around.  We'll see how that lasts once the family leaves tomorrow and I have the days to myself at the house.  

July '15 January Siggy - snow fails
    image image
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

Getting released by my RE to start seeing my OB instead... After 3 m/c, I was finally hopeful that this was THE ONE!

Dinner of stone crabs shipped overnight from Florida, probably asleep by 10pm. 

To try to take each day as it comes, and to start on the path of being physically active and healthy again, so I can be a good role model for my son. 

4.  Updates & vents

Last piece of nursery furniture arrived today!  My husband is helping me nest.... Plan to spend the weekend cleaning out the basement (supervising, or as my husband says, "pointing and barking")! 

• Options

Hope everyone has a great New Year's! I am sure we are all ready to head into 2012 and are looking forward to having healthy LO's! 

I have several-telling DH that I was pregnant on Father's Day and my graduation this month. 

On the couch in my usual spot lol...we were thinking of going to a friends house for a get together, where I could just sit on their couch, but I decided I am just not up to it and feel more comfortable at home. 

To make the most of my time at home with LO, to get back in shape and find my first official teaching job! 

4.  Updates & vents

Nothing to report! Hoping for a quiet weekend! Smile

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

1.  What was your favorite moment of 2011? 2011 was actually a really good year.  I got married went on my honeymoon and found out I was pregnant again.

2.  How do you plan to ring in the new year?  Watching the ball drop from my couch with DH :)

3.  Do you have any New Year's resolutions for 2012?  To lose this baby weight and get back into my pre DH pants!

4.  Updates & vents  I slept the best I have in weeks last night! 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Missed MC 11/17/10 Our little miracle born 1/27/12 Natural MC 7/19/12 Missed MC 1/22/13 Our family is complete DD 12/27/13
    Abnormal ANA, PAI-1 4G/4G homozygous

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

1. What was your favorite moment of 2011?

It was both the scariest and favourite moment of the year. Likely finding out I was having twins!

2. How do you plan to ring in the new year?

DH and I have no plans as of yet. Maybe ordering some take out and watching the hockey game on tv.

3. Do you have any New Year's resolutions for 2012?

None as of yet! Maybe to shed my pregnancy pounds.

4. Updates & vents

I've been getting brutal braxton hicks for the last few days. My fingers are crossed it means I'm going into labour soon! DH wants to have New Years babies, so come on babies!!!!

• Options

1.  What was your favorite moment of 2011? We've had a lot of great moments. I'm not sure which one to pick!

2.  How do you plan to ring in the new year? I told DH that after DD1 goes to bed, we are going downstairs to our basement (aka man cave) and watching the ball drop on our projection TV. And, I'm having a small glass of wine Devil It's as close to a date or night out as I can get!

3.  Do you have any New Year's resolutions for 2012? I've become obsessed with photography, so I guess my resolution is going to be to just continue improving with it.

4.  Updates & vents My Dr appt went well yesterday, for the most part. My cervix is still holding strong, even though it did shorten a bit. It's down to a 3.4, but that's pretty exciting considering I lost my mucus plug and my contractions have gotten so much worse. I was thrilled! Unfortunately, we found out that DD2 has dropped from the 17th percentile to the 12th during her growth u/s. So, we're just going to continue to monitor her. All in all, doing pretty good!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

My face moment was seeing my little girls face when she got her frist bike. She loved/loves it. 

My plans are to be sitting in my lounge chair with my little girl watching the ball drop on our tv. 

Be the Best mommy I can be to my two little monsters. 

4.  Updates & vents,

Well ladies. I am officially back on bedrest. I spent two days in L&D hooked up to monitors. Contracting every 3 min with no cervical change. All the meds they gave me didnt stop them. The only thing we did notice actually slow them down was puting me on a morphine sleep. That got them to slow down to about 20 min apart and not to mention I got sleep. They sent me home and told me to be on bedrest till tuesday. I go in for an ultrasound and check up. I am still contracting every 7 min.  Trying to keep him in past the 9th. I want him to be able to go home right after. NO medical issues like his big sister. I dont want another NICU baby.

• Options
    1. Probably finding out we were pg. We had gone through 3 years of IF treatments and had 4 prior miscarriages. So we were cautiously excited. 2. We will spend NYE at home. DH will hang the Roman shade in nursery window, hang shelf in nursery and install car seat and base this weekend. Very excited to be getting these things done. 3. I am hoping to get back to the gym and lose this pg weight. Hoping to go below my pre-pg weight by working out and doing Medifast. 4. NST and BPP went ok today. LO was bin-reactive for NST because he didn't have as many accels as they like to see. But this has been typical for him and he didn't have any decels. BPP went well. We observed his practice breathing and moved around a bit. Doppler study of cord was normal. AFI was 6, so it's consistent. Next NST and BPP is Tues.
  • Options

1.  What was your favorite moment of 2011? We went to Hawaii in February for a 'Last Hurrah' trip away from the kids which was awesome, but I'd say finding out we were pregnant again trumped that ;)

2.  How do you plan to ring in the new year? I'm sure I'll be asleep. New Year's has never really excited me much.

3.  Do you have any New Year's resolutions for 2012? My only resolution is to do my best to keep this baby in until 36 weeks. I can't think any farther than that right now.

4.  Updates & vents Had my weekly OB visit today. Still just 1cm dilated which is great, but my cervical length went down from 2.7 to 2.3 :(  And that was while on bed rest and meds. Found out today that this little girl has IUGR (DD1 had it too) and I'll be visiting the MFM twice a week for scans until I deliver. I learned more about IUGR after I had my daughter so I feel more worried this time around. I saw the MFM today after my initial growth scan at my normal office and it looks like she's measuring in the 3rd percentile. No obvious reason for the growth restriction (just like DD1) and she looks really great otherwise. We'll have a better idea of what we're looking at in 2 weeks once we've monitored her growth more. DD1 stopped growing between ~35 and ~36 weeks so I was induced at 37w1d. She was perfectly healthy, just small.  I'm so hoping we have another great outcome this time. It's so scary.  I'm pretty certain I'll be induced because of this, it's just the when that's up in the air.  I'm feeling so disappointed in my body. It has let me down over and over and over, it seems. 

• Options

Happy New Years everyone!

1.  What was your favorite moment of 2011? Finding out we were pregnant...It was complicated

2.  How do you plan to ring in the new year? Same thing, different day. Not being a DD, just never really got into NYE

3.  Do you have any New Year's resolutions for 2012? I like the idea of getting back into skinny jeans ; )

4.  Updates & vents: had MFM appt today, cervix dropped just a bit to 1.6...With just leaving the house for appt. contrax are a lot stronger tonight

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

I know I am late on this check-in.  I hope you guys will let me come back.  I had a Dr's appointment yesterday and discovered that my BP is high.  My blood test came back mostly normal, but my creatine levels were a little elevated, so I am back on bed rest for now.  I go back on Tuesday for another BP check, NST and more blood work.  Turns out I only got a week reprieve from bed rest.  Sad  

- I can't really pick just one.  Any of the successful milestones of this pregnancy are at the top of my list of favorite moments for this year. 

- We normally have a huge NYE bash, but because of having been on bed rest until a week ago and being hugely pregnant, we decided to keep it small this year.  We are going to have my MIL, SD, and a couple of friends over to hang out, eat appetizers and then watch the fireworks from our roof at midnight (we have an incredible view).  I'm really glad that we decided to keep things small this year now that I am back on bed rest. 

- Just to figure out how to be the very best mom I can be. 

4.  Updates & vents
    - I'm just so frustrated to be back on bed rest.  I really hope LO decides to arrive soon so that all of this is a moot point. 

TTC #1 since 8/09
    BFP#1 - 9/2/10, EDD 5/14/11, Twins Hannah and Liam lost 11/7/10 @ 13w1d.
    BFP #2 - 2/9/11, EDD 10/13/11, LO lost 2/13/11 @ 5w4d
    BFP #3 - 5/9/11, DS born 1/13/12

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ~*~My BFP Chart~*~Our Story~*~
    ~*~Labor Buddies with Sweet Turnip - Welcome Baby Girl 2/23/12 & Aluenna - Welcome Ivy 1/6/12~*~
  • Options
    imageekaj_woof:

Good morning everyone... last check-in for 2011.  For all the drama during the year, it still just flew by!  Wishing you all a happy healthy new year!!  What a year it's going to be!!!

Today's questions:

4.  Updates & vents

1. My favorite moment was finding out I was pregnant and hearing the heartbeat for the first time!

2. Well, hubby and I were going to a NYE party at a friends house, but now being on bed rest we will spend a quiet evening at home with the pup, watch movies and enjoy a yummy dinner,

3. I guess a New Year's resolution would be to let go of the small things(like my house not being in perfect order,) and learning to graciously accept help from others. Be a more patient and understanding wife. Also, to not feel that I have to be the perfect mom, and understand that I will make mistakes and to not let that get me down.

4. Updates: I am 33 weeks pregnant with a baby girl-my husband and I's first. Just put on bed rest because of contractions.

I am really concerned about keeping my house in order while being on bed rest. I am also concerned about my hubby having too much pressure put on him. I hate that he has to deal with so much(stressful job, now the grocery shopping, helping around the house, etc.) I just feel like it isn't fair to him...even though I can't help my situation. I know he would never say anything about it being too much, but I just feel guilty because those are my jobs...and now I can't do them.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"