Secondary IF

Hi. And a question.

We have been TTC for 17 cycles with one miscarriage; I had 2 miscarriages before having DS.  My OB says he'd like to refer me to an RE as the next step, because I'm almost 35 and it's been "long enough to be concerned."

I'm feeling very conflicted.  On one hand, we badly want more children, and I'd always envisioned our kids being close together in age.  On the other hand, I feel guilty somehow, as if I should be happy with the son we have and that we will get pregnant if we are "supposed" to, whatever that means.

I understand that the decision to seek IF treatment is very personal, but how long did you wait before deciding to get help? What made you "take the plunge"? 

Thank you, and good luck in your journeys.

Re: Hi. And a question.

• You know my story. I did not want K to be an only and with the losses and 35 approaching I went to my RE after 7I months of TTC because of my history, my clotting issue, and the fact that my OB didn't monitor on Clomid and I didn't want to go in blind and risk more issues. That said I do not think you should feel guilty for wanting another LO and definitely not feel guilty for wanting to seek out RE. You know your body and if you feel like something is off you should get checked out.
    Oct 2008 m/c #1 5 weeks, May 2009 m/c #2 4w5d. BFP 6/23/09 EDD 3/8/10!
    You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face. -Eleanor Roosevelt
    After 1 year of TTC#2 BFP May 2011 m/c #3 4w2d. Off to RE.

Round 1: Femara + Ovidrel +TI = BFP! EDD 2/20/12
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    2IF does not always equal 3IF...Surprise!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I went to an OB after one year but being 22 at the time he just said I was stupid and should go home and keep trying. I went to my current OB almost a year ago. What made me go was knowing my DD would be 3 soon and knowing I didn't want my kids too far apart.. She'll be 4 in Jan. I totally agree with PP on the guilt and knowing your body.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi, sorry you find yourself here. I took that step when testing after my third loss showed I had an off thyroid level. My OB felt an RE could handle that better. When he did further testing, that's when more problems were found.

Good luck to you and do what feels right.

Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
    Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~
    ~DD due! 2015~

• We went to an RE after 6 cycles, mainly because I was 36, charting had documented a short luteal phase, and because we had no issues conceiving our first.

I am so glad we went to the RE.  They are so much more knowledgeable than OBs about these issues.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I saw a RE about a year after we started TTC and after my 2nd loss.  I am really glad we went.  He was very knowledgeable.  Since the closest one to us is 2 hours he is working with my current OB since I am pregnant again.  GL to you and I hope you get your BFP soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"