Secondary IF

Insurance woes

So I thought ordering meds and getting our next cycle started wouldbe easy. No such luck. Looks like we're going to have to pay oop forThe meds and then our insurance MAY reimburse us. Wtf is that?! Ihave already spent hours on the phone with these people only to get aquote of almost 3k! We can't afford that! That's why we have insurance!I don't know what to do. I'm feeling so defeated:(
Conceived DD after 15 cycles--- TTC #2 since 11/10---Me- Poor egg quality and supply---DH- Poor count and motility---2 rounds 75IU Follistim/IUI-BFN---5/12 150IU Follistim/IUI-Over-produced! Converted to IVF! 0 fertilized:( Rescue ICSI performed. 2 embryos transfered-BFN

---------Game Over---------

Moving on as a family of 3
Lou's Infertility News

<a href="http://s863.photobucket.com/albums/ab199/lillinzlou2/?action=view

Re: Insurance woes

• The previous was from my phone. Please excuse the errors.
    Conceived DD after 15 cycles--- TTC #2 since 11/10---Me- Poor egg quality and supply---DH- Poor count and motility---2 rounds 75IU Follistim/IUI-BFN---5/12 150IU Follistim/IUI-Over-produced! Converted to IVF! 0 fertilized:( Rescue ICSI performed. 2 embryos transfered-BFN

Lou's Infertility News

• That's so frustrating.  I have the same kind of plan and while having some coverage is nice, it leaves you wondering why you pay for the insurance anyway.  Here's hoping they pay more than expected!!!
    Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Miracle DD born 12.2005
    TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
    ***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!
  • Loading the player...
  • OMGosh, UGH!!! That is so frustrating! Take a deep breath and step away till Monday. Have you talked to your RE  and discussed options that act as if you have no insurance t cover. Some RE's have programs that will work with you so for so much $ you get so many tries and you can make payments? just a thought! I really hope things work out in your favor. Insurance is such a tricky thing and so frustrating to boot. 

GL 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickersPhotobucket
  • Try asking whether they have an OOP price or program. Also, I know your RE has suggested follistim but gonal-f is the same medication and is often cheaper. And, what pharmacy are you using? Walgreens Specialty is the cheapest I've found for follistim but it depends on how many vials and what iu you are ordering. So you really do have to shop around. Sorry. The meds ordering is the hardest part - well hopefully it will be for you. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hi. I have been holding on to my ivf meds this whole time, just in case. I got my miracle surprise bfp right before I was about to start my third ivf cycle. I would love to help you out if I can. I have 4 unopened boxes of follistim that you can have (it says 900 iu on each box). Let me know if you are interested. I'm not sure where you live but they do need to remain refrigerated. I've had them in the fridge since I got them in August. 

Jaime ;) 

Jaime... Mommy to Alexa Shaye and Sofia Gabrielle imageMy Bio CafeMom Tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh, Jaime, that would be nothing short of a miracle. Even if we do getreimbursed, this would be our one shot because of our insurance cap.I would be eternally grateful. I live in Chicago and would pay for anyshipping costs. I am out of town, so can't access your pm. My email islistwithlindsey@gmail.com. I am in tears and can hardly see the screen.I know this will help give us our dream. This would truly make my year!

Lou's Infertility News

• emailing you now :)
    Jaime... Mommy to Alexa Shaye and Sofia Gabrielle imageMy Bio CafeMom Tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My phone is awful! My email is listwithlindsey@gmail.com.

Lou's Infertility News

• imageMrsJaimebeth:

Hi. I have been holding on to my ivf meds this whole time, just in case. I got my miracle surprise bfp right before I was about to start my third ivf cycle. I would love to help you out if I can. I have 4 unopened boxes of follistim that you can have (it says 900 iu on each box). Let me know if you are interested. I'm not sure where you live but they do need to remain refrigerated. I've had them in the fridge since I got them in August. 

Jaime ;) 

I would just like to say you are an amazing person!! That is just an amazing, sweet, generous and all huge hearted thing to do! Im in tears just reading this post! It makes me LOVE this board more and more! Plus it gives me even more faith that there are still good and generous people in this world willing to help others no questions asked!! Bless you and your family!!

Sorry if this is weird but i was totally compelled to write this!!  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickersPhotobucket
  • imageMrsJaimebeth:

Hi. I have been holding on to my ivf meds this whole time, just in case. I got my miracle surprise bfp right before I was about to start my third ivf cycle. I would love to help you out if I can. I have 4 unopened boxes of follistim that you can have (it says 900 iu on each box). Let me know if you are interested. I'm not sure where you live but they do need to remain refrigerated. I've had them in the fridge since I got them in August. 

Jaime ;) 

Wow! How generous of you!  Happy New Year!

• imagerach7883:
    imageMrsJaimebeth:

Jaime ;) 

I would just like to say you are an amazing person!! That is just an amazing, sweet, generous and all huge hearted thing to do! Im in tears just reading this post! It makes me LOVE this board more and more! Plus it gives me even more faith that there are still good and generous people in this world willing to help others no questions asked!! Bless you and your family!!

I completely agree! Jaime is an angel and I will be forever grateful for her generosity. This board certainly is something special.

Lou's Infertility News

• imagelillinzlou:
    imagerach7883:
    imageMrsJaimebeth:

Jaime ;) 

I completely agree! Jaime is an angel and I will be forever grateful for her generosity. This board certainly is something special.

I completely agree!  I love the vibe of this board!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"