Infertility
Options

Bloated/crampy after IUI? Heating pad OK?

So I had an IUI this morning. It was VERY difficult. Could barely get the catheter in after about 45 minutes of poking around, anesthetic. And when the dr. got in, it hurt and it just felt like there was a lot more crampiness and bloating afterwards. I've also had back pain all day. 

Is it OK for me to use a heating pad on my abdomen or back following an IUI?? Anyone else ever have this happen?

My Food Blog - Dinner Delish
TTC since Oct '09
Missed miscarriage 3/24/10 @ 16 wks, Partial Molar Pregnancy
Began our IF journey in May '11
Asherman's Diagnosis (cervical & uterine scarring) - Surgery 8/17/11
IUIs #1-#5 & 1 canceled IUI, IVF #1, 2 FETs - all BFN
IVF# 2 December '12, BFP 1/13! EDD 9/21 
Complete Previa and Short Cervix. C-section scheduled for 9/3
Delivered 8/5 @ 33 weeks, 4lbs, 6oz. 
4-week NICU stay, home 9/3

Re: Bloated/crampy after IUI? Heating pad OK?

• Options

I just had my IUI yesterday and I feel the same way! I was extremely crampy. I ended up going back to work after and I had a hard time walking I was so crampy.I felt best after I took a warm bath. Also, when I laid on my back with a pillow under my knees. I fell asleep and woke up this morning so much better. I am sure that a heating pad won't be harmful at all.

My doc had to lift of my uterus to get to my cervix. At least I think that is what she did! It was so painful!

TONS of baby dust coming your way!! I hope you feel better soon. My doc did tell me that if my cramping got worse by the next day to call asap! She said that it is rare, but infections can happen and she would get me an antibiotic.

• Options
    I would stay away from the heating pad right after an IUI.  As for the pain, I am told to only take regular tylenol if need be.  My RE wants me to act like I am pg with every 2ww.  I hope the pain and discomfort eases soon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"