August 2012 Moms

Spotting?

I will be 7 weeks tomorrow and have experience no spotted until this morning.  I am completely freaking out...  The doctors office is closed and I feel stupid calling the answering service because part of me feels like it might be normal - but part of me is really scared.  I am tempted to wake DH up and go to the ER. 

Half of the information I have read says it is normal and the other half says to go to the doctor:(

Re: Spotting?

• If the spotting is pink or brown you are most likely fine.  The red spotting is more concerning (although I have had red spottign during this pregnancy).

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Yes - it is very faint pink and there is very little.... Thanks for the comment! 

• Loading the player...
  • Though spotting is normal, you will want to let your OB/mw know. I've been spotting red for 6 days now. All tests so far indicate everything is fine. It's disconcerting, but it's nothing to worry about if you're not cramping heavily, there's no increase in blood, and/or it's not accompanied by a foul odor.

Sending you positive vibes!!! Hope you're able to relax (and not pee every 3 min) and know your LO is safe and sound! 

imageimage ~PgAL/PAL welcome~ image
  • I will be 6 weeks tomorrow, and a week ago today (when I was just 5 weeks) I woke up to moderate bright red blood flow. I freaked. I called the answering service and the nurse called back, saying to monitor the blood. If it was a one time occasion, it was probably nothing. Thank God that was the case. She said if I bled heavier throughout the day, I should call them back and it may be a m/c. It sounds like you're okay, but I would monitor it. If it gets heavier, call your doctor.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am having small amounts of dark brown spotting here and there. I called my doc and they said as long as itd didnt get to be like a period or start having heavy cramping it was normal.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had the exact same thing-no spotting the entire pregnancy and then last Monday (at 7 weeks 6 days) I had one bit of light pink spotting-and that was it. I called my doctor's office and the nurse said that as long as it didn't get worse and there was no heavy cramping, then just to keep an eye on it and let them know if it got worse. I had a 2nd u/s yday and everything looked fine with the baby and doctor didn't see any reason for the spotting.

Hopefully everything is fine with you and this is just a one time thing! 

Baby #2
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I have been spotting for 3 weeks, it ranges from brown to pink to red.  Some days nothing at all.  I still feel very pregnant.  My ob said to just call if I was in pain or if the bleeding got heavy.   I had just had b/w so they didn't send me for more.  I go for an u/s on Thursday. 

GL, and imo, I would just call the dr. on monday (or tuesday if they aren't open) unless it gets worse.  And like pp try not to keep checking it, it just drives you crazy.

• I had some spotting at 5 1/2 weeks. I called my midwife and they ordered some bloodwork for me. I had a few rounds done and it confimed my HCG levels were doubling which is good. Like the other ladies have said... if it is pinkish/brownish then I wouldn't be too worried. if it will put your mind at ease I would call your OB when their office opens just to be sure.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"