February 2012 Moms
Options

What do you do for exercise?

I've been really bad about exercising this pregnancy.  I know (and my midwives continue to tell me) that I'm gaining too much weight and I need to be exercising more.  Sometimes, I'll do a workout with small weights and/or bands in my home but that's really it.  I started walking at our local track today and I'm glad I did.  It was a beautiful day and I feel like it's great to get started.  Today, I did a mile in 18 minutes.  I'm just curious what others do.  I don't know if what I did today was a sufficient "workout."  I could have walked more but I started feeling a little crampy and didn't want to overdo it. 

So, if you work out what do you do and for how long?  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What do you do for exercise?

• Options

I think at this point, anythign active is an accomplishment!

That being said, maybe try for a longer duration, but a bit slower to avoid the cramps. I have a very active Boxer, who needs daily walks, so i get about an hour per day at least 6 days a week which i know helps because it's something i HAVE to do for him. 

• Options
    I'm only allowed to walk.  So I go for walks with my coworkers after lunch.  I also play the balance games on my Wii Fit.  It isn't really exercise, but it has got to be better than sitting on the couch :) 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I walk when I can, throw in a few stairs at work if I'm feeling up to it, and play Wii occasionally.  Like pp said, anything active these days is a workout for me.
  • Options
    It really depends on you and what feels good.  I have kept up my normal routine of Body Pump followed by Zumba each night.  But for others, walking at a normal pace for 30 minutes is good exercise.  Just try to stay motivated!
  • Options
    I'm not doing anything either. I will go for the odd stroll, but that's the extent of it. I am too out of breath and tired after work to even consider a work out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    30 minutes ellitical, high resistance. 15-20 minutes free weights, 5-10 minutes floor planks and stretching. Rinse repeat 3x a week
  • Options

I walk, do a lot of house work and chase my 3 year old around.  That is about it for me.   I wish I had access to a pool because I did a lot of swimming the first time around and that was really nice.

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

• Options
    I don't.  And I was very active in the gym and exercising beforehand but to be quite honest - I haven't hardly exercised at all.  I do good to walk around a mall or through the store. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I stopped working out when I got preggo...sadly.

I tried to keep up with it but m/s got worse when I worked out, so I toned it down, which lead to not going at all.

As for now, I do prenatal yoga 1-2 times a week and that is the extent of it for me, unless I am hurting alot that day then I will add an additional hour of yoga. By the time I get off work, cook dinner, clean up after dinner and occasionally walk the dog....that is it for me, I am passed out tired!

• Options
    i do cardio/strength circuit classes
    aidan kincaid (12.19.06) sawyer grace (7.30.08) 
    reese madeline (5.11.10) miller paige (2.6.12)
    girl #5 due december 2013.

13 galveston1

IG: punkfictionv4

• Options
    Im on bedrest now, so nothing, but before i took a swim cardio class for an hour 3 days a week and sometimes just walked laps in the pool once or twice more a week. Swimming feels great and I miss it! It helps relieve the weight pressure

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    I do as much walking as I can.  That seems to really help me feel better, and it seems to have kept my weight gain at a reasonable level.  On top of that I nanny for an 18 month old, a 9 month old and a 3 month old.  So between all the carrying, bending, and playing, I'm pretty sure that adds up to a lot of exercise!
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options

Work out? Exercise? Pardon me while I bust a gut laughing...

At this point, I consider the amount of energy I exert trying to get out of bed in the middle of the night to pee a cardio workout. Walking down to the basement with a load of laundry is my strength training. 

• Options
    I still go to boot camp twice a week and try to bike or do the elliptical on the in-between days.  I have stayed much more active with this pregnancy that i did with my son.
  • Options
    I still work out every day, and take a day off maybe once a week. Mind you, I was super into it before pregnancy and did a lot of running so I feel like I have scaled back a lot. I either walk for an hour-about 3-4 miles, do the elliptical for 45' or bike and yoga. Some days I can only do 30 min or so and some days I have contractions and can't do anything. I do think it helps me sleep better, the days I don't do anything I don't sleep well. I think if you are cramping that is your cutoff! Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    I swim 40 laps once a week (about 45min), an hour of spin once a week, prenatal yoga 1-2 a week, walking at least a little bit every day, stairs about a million times a day at work to go to the bathroom, and occasionally weights. I have also continued to do planks and push-ups regularly for strength. 
  • Options
    I am a preschool teacher.  That is my exercise.  Running after 24 three, four, and five year olds all day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"