June 2011 Moms
Options

it's all my fault :(

Liv is now sick too. Fever yesterday and snotty phase since last night. She slept through the night but with bouts of cries. Probably so uncomfortable that she was so congested. This morning I woke up to a snotty-faced baby, literally. It's my fault. I am guilty of kissing her a little bit even when I was sick and I said I wouldn't. Crying

What did you do when your LO had the cold? I know it's not advisable to give them meds. Anything that helped?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: it's all my fault :(

• Options
    I found the Little Noses saline drops help great with stuffy noses. I put a few drops in each nostril and then I suck it out with one of those bulb thingys (I think it prevents drainage, but that is just me). Seems to help. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Aww, don't feel bad!  Macy hasn't been sick yet, so I don't have any advice except try a humidifier?  I hope you both feel better soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The nose Frieda has been a godsend for us! 
  • Options
    Aw, poor baby. DD has had a terrible cold for a week. She is sleeping a little better with baby vicks rub, humidifer, saline drops, vaporizers and I have been using the Nose frida like crazy. I am hoping it runs its course soon but these at least give her a bit of relief. 
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    When DS had a cold, I brought him in the bathroom with me while I showered.  The hot steam helped clear his sinuses a bit.
  • Options
    Suck the snot out as much as possible...saline drops or spray will loosen up the mucus in her nose and then suck it out with the bulb thingy or the nose frida (so many people swear by it, I hate it and prefer the bulb) or whatever.  Humidifier.  Vicks Baby Rub (or an equivilant).
  • Options

imagekari11w:
    I found the Little Noses saline drops help great with stuffy noses. I put a few drops in each nostril and then I suck it out with one of those bulb thingys (I think it prevents drainage, but that is just me). Seems to help. Good luck!

This and put baby vicks on their feet with socks at bed time.

• Options
    Vicks baby rub and a humidifier 
  • Options
    Ditto a lot of this. Keep her head elevated whenever possible when she's not napping. When she is napping, I'd toss a small towel under her mattress to elevate her just slightly. Humidifier. Vicks. Saline. My son screams like hell with the bulb, but it's definitely worth a try.
  • Options
    Don't feel bad. i think it's literally impossible not to share germs with our baby (and them to share germs with us!)
  • Options

Ditto all of this.  DS is sick for the first time right now with a horrible cold and we have a vaporizer running in his room 24-7.  He comes into the bathroom when I take hot showers to loosen everything up and drain it out.  I'm constantly using the aspirator to suck out all of his snot.  We put Vicks baby vaporub on his feet with socks last night and he slept pretty well.  He woke up probably 5-8 times coughing but went right back to sleep. 

If you are BF, keep doing it!  You will pass your antibodies to her.  It may be a little harder for her to eat so we have been sucking everything out before meals.  Our doc also recommended those saline drops to help loosen everything up and just said to watch behavior, feedings, sleep and fever and gave us a list of things that if they start happening we need to bring him in for.  There is a higher potential for ear infections after it's run its course so keep that in mind.

I hope she feels better soon! 

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

thanks ladies

We use the Little Noses saline also and Nose Frida. She doesn't tolerate either now though. She screams whereas before she was sick, she is fine with it. I guess do what I can, right. 

We have the humidifier running every night. I have it running now even at daytime just to help with the congestion. 

She also won't stay asleep which is unusual for her these days. She usually naps for at least 1.5hours, now it's no longer than 20 minutes. She wakes up screaming.I should try elevating her head. 

Getting daddy to bring home baby Vicks. 

These are great suggestions. Thanks again, ladies!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"