Breastfeeding
Options

Birth control reduce milk supply?

I've been getting major migraines (most likely due to hormone levels) and my doc approved me to go back on birth control as soon as I want. I have it on hand, ready to go, but I want to make sure it's not going to funk with my already not super large supply. Any truth to my worry?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Birth control reduce milk supply?

• Options

Unfortunately, I have heard of bc affecting milk supply.  I don't think it happens to everyone, but there is that possiblity.

Nov. 19, 2010 BFP #1--m/c Dec. 24th, 2010 First cycle after m/c on Feb. 2, 2011--March 8th, 2011 BFP #2 EDD Nov. 19, 2011. Nadia Dorothy Grace born on 11-18-11 @ 3:04pm 6lbs 14oz Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    It can.  I cannot nurse while PG because of hormones, but others can.  It is hard to know. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageAmyG*:

mini pill- progesterone only may influence supply, but for most women it does not.

combo pills often influence supply due to estrogen in the pills.

This.  I'm one of the ones whose supply is affected by the mini pill.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Currently going through our second deployment. Can't wait for Zoe to meet her daddy!

• Options
    I am currently taking the mini pill it DID reduce my milk supply slightly for about a week, and then my supply returned and has been fine ever since.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"