2nd Trimester

18 weeks

I am a restarunt manager, so I am on my feet for 10+ hours a day and when it is busy I can't eat.  Everyone knows I am pregnant, and make me feel as if I am not pulling my own weight if I do stop for a quick break.  This is getting harder on me every day and I don't know what I can do about it.  I am always so sore and exhausted after work.  I am not gaining any weight I am actually losing which I know is not good for the baby.  I am really kind of hoping that when I go to the doctor next week she puts me on bed rest or light duty.  Is that bad? 

Re: 18 weeks

• I worked as a server throughout college and even the 6 hour shifts were hard, especially when it got crazy busy; I honestly can't imagine being a manager and being up 10+ hours a day while pregnant. I don't think it is bad at all and I'd make it a point to talk to your doctor about it, especially because you are losing weight.

Perhaps you can do more office work like the schedules and ordering stuff and have the other managers work more on the floor and line until your next appt.

imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just want to let you know that I admire you so much for working 10+ hrs, being pregnant.  If I have to travel I make sure I eat something every 4hrs by making little snacks, popcorn, cheese, fruit, veggies, etc.  I consulted with a nutritionist which was helpful for me.
  • Loading the player...
  • Im an in the exact same situation as you, Im also a f&b manager and its hard. The very long shifts and constant standing didn't bother me until the last few weeks. I have also had a very hard time gaining weight because my eating schedule is really off and when I do finally get a break food is the last thing I want to look at after seeing it all day.Everytime I sit down or sneek a quick snack at work I feel like everyone is watching and taking notes, especially if it isnt totally healthy I have to hear all their comments and opinons. I have also thought about light duty but my u/s indicated that baby is the right weight and healthy. I have just decided to play it out and see what happens, I have gotten better at walking away and taking a break busy or not. At the end of the day my baby is more important than what ppl think. I so know one thing I will be changing careers after my maternity leave is over, these hours are brutal!!
  • bring a few snacks into work and if someone jumps you for eating go straight to manager, your growing a human and need food. maybe you could talk to your manager and see if he cant get you a stool or something to sit on. great job workin 10+ hours but take care of yourself. and if your manager doesnt understand maybe its time to look for another job!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Not bad at all... I actually took a leave of absence from mine because my students were getting me sick and having to be on my feet all day was taking a toll and i lost weight and felt awful... ive had the last 4 weeks off and have really gotten better and feel like i made the right decision not only for my health but especially for the baby....you need a break to rest, relax and eat!!!! hope it gets better soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"