Food Allergy
Options

If you have insurance reinburse for formula, where do you order from?

I called our insurance company and was told they don't have a specific medical supply company they use because it is a reimbursement program. 

So do I order through a medical supply company or through the actual elecare company?

Who do you ladies order through?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If you have insurance reinburse for formula, where do you order from?

• Options
    My insurance does the formula through the home health part of our insurance. They ship it directly to us from one of their suppliers.
  • Options
    We order from our Elecare from Apria Healthcare and we get 85% covered through insurance (Fed Bluecross Blueshield). They have branches throughout the country.  I called Abbot Nutrition (distributor of Elecare) and asked if they knew of some common suppliers that insurance would work with and they named Apria. They'll need the letter of medical necessity from your doctor and some other info (so they can provide it to your insurance).   Good luck!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I use Edgepark (www.edgepark.com). They deal with your insurance company directly. My insurer covers her Nutramigen AA 100%, so Edgepark just runs the insurance each month when I order and then ship it to me. The shipping is SUPER fast, too.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies.. We did go through Edgepark but our health insurance is changing to bluecross Jan 1st and they will only do a reinbursement.  The formula is covered but we have to buiy it and send in our reciepts.  I was just wondering if I should buy direct from the company or through edgepark like we have been doing?
  • Options
    imageKara03:
    Thanks ladies.. We did go through Edgepark but our health insurance is changing to bluecross Jan 1st and they will only do a reinbursement.  The formula is covered but we have to buiy it and send in our reciepts.  I was just wondering if I should buy direct from the company or through edgepark like we have been doing?
    It is more substantially expensive from Edgepark than straight through the company. Our insurance pays for ours through Edgepark, but before we were approved, we ordered elsewhere.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"