Food Allergy

Wishing for answers, hoping for a solution...

Feeling so lost and frustrated right now. It's day 11 on Elecare and I just feel like his symptoms are getting worse. He has been treated for acid reflux since about 8 weeks but just recently the pedi told us he suspects MSPI and asked us to switch him to Elecare. I know that it can take 2 weeks or more to see any real improvement, but should symptoms get worse? The last few day we've struggled getting him to eat, sleep, and keep anything down. His spit up now seems more like vomit. 

We just keep hoping and praying that the next thing we try is going to be the answer we've been looking for but nothing seems to work. We were supposed to drive to visit my husbands family today for the weekend (they live about 6+ hours away) for the first time but we backed out. We knew that LO would be miserable and we just couldn't do it to him. I feel so tired and bitter (yeah, I said it)...I just keep hoping that he's going to wake up 'changed' like other mom's talk about. We see GI on Tuesday but it just seems like forever away.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Wishing for answers, hoping for a solution...

• Has anyone suggested Neocate for your LO?  Our nutritionist said Neocate is much better then Elecare.  Something to look into if your LO's symtoms don't change.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageNateBecca:
    Has anyone suggested Neocate for your LO?  Our nutritionist said Neocate is much better then Elecare.  Something to look into if your LO's symtoms don't change.

DS wouldn't even touch Elecare but I can get him to take some Neocate about once or twice a day. Still not what we need to him to do but it's a start. He still vomits it up once in a while so we'll see. GL 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"