Working Moms
Options

Is This Okay To Ask During An Interview?

I wanted to create a thread where we can ask if certain questions are okay to ask during an interview. I'll start off by asking: is it okay to ask how your are doing and what you can improve on during an interview?

Thank You!

Re: Is This Okay To Ask During An Interview?

• Options

I would not recommend asking either question. I was asked this for the first time when conducting an interview and the question made me totally uncomfortable. I felt like I was being put on the spot and also boxed into a corner, like whatever I said could be used against me if the individual didn't get the job. And like pp says, it makes the person look like he lacks confidence and is small time.

If you are worried about your interview skills, there are plenty of online resources for improving your interviewing style. If you are a student or recent alumni, your school should offer career counseling as well. Putting a potential employer into a mentor role is not what the potential employer is looking for; they are looking for an employee to make their life easier, not to be a burden right off the bat.

Mom to E, 11/2011 - Severe egg & dairy allergies, soy intolerance *** Stepmom to G, 2001
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"