VBAC

my VBAC was a ......(repost from Dec 2011)

SUCCESS!!!!!!!

Let me preface by saying that even Friday I was not dialted at all.....no signs of labor and I had a c/s date set for Monday.....

Christmas Eve water broke @10:45 pm, contrax started right after, very frequent (4-5 min)

Left for hospital @12 ish, contrax getting strong and 2-3 min apart

Checked @ 1:00am, only 1 cm but contrax 1-2min and VERY strong.

Epi at 2:15, checked 6cm

3:15 8cm

3:30 fully dilated/effaced +1 began pushing

4:25 nurse called in dr

4:30, dr came in, Alix was crowning

4:33am Alix was born with the last push of the first series of 3 with the dr.  She came out all at once, followed by after birth..She was placed directly on me (and covered us all in poop (which she had done at the last minute)

She was not responsive or breathing, called in NICU and "bagged" her for about 30 sec until NICU arrived, at which time she began screaming like a banshee and passed all in room evals thankfully causing NICU to leave empty handed! 

4:40, Alix was given back to me after initial wiegh in and vitals and was able to latch on right away, i kept her for nearly an hour before they took her to nursery for her first bath and all the official stuff.

8lbs 15.5oz, 20.5 in

The aftermath:

Alix fractured her clavicle (common in large babies and requires no treatment)

I have lingering numbness down the front of my right leg from epi, it is weak but I can use it for short walks.  Dr's are optimistic that it will go away, as it has already reduced it's affected area, and I initially was unable to control it while bearing any weight.

We are both home and anjoyin life as a family of 4.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: my VBAC was a ......(repost from Dec 2011)

• Congrats!!! What a great Christmas gift and on top of that you got your VBAC :)
  • Congrats on your little girl and your VBAC!! I needed to read this story tonight, perfect timing! So glad everything went well and I hope to have a story like this soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow! Nice and fast! Congratulations on your newest addition and VBAC!!!

DS1 9.24.2010      DS2 4.18.2012        DS3 12.15.2013

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (fyXz)

Lilypie - (28Zf)

• Great job!! Congratulations!!
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"