Trouble TTC
Options

HSG/SA updates...

Oh. My. God. HSG was could best be described as AWFUL. I took 800 mg of ibuprofen before it started but I still about levitated off the table just the same.

Everything looked great/no blockages. 

DH's SA results (prelim, so I don't have all the numbers yet) came back, too:

Concentration: 51m (RE wanted over 20m, so there are plenty of them)

Motility: 44% (RE wanted over 50%)

Morph: 4.5% (RE wanted greater than 14%)

Do the motility/morphology numbers look ok?

We're officially "unexplained" IF, but the RE thinks DH's SA is on the low end of normal so it "could" be playing a part.

Next up, 2-3 cycles of Clomid/Trigger/TI, and then Clomid/Trigger/IUI.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: HSG/SA updates...

• Options

Numbers look pretty good to me. Very very mild MFI might delay conception a little but not a real problem in my opinion.

I had my HSG on Thursday. I agree. Owww! 

Photobucket
  • Options
    Sorry to hear the tests were rough.  Good luck with your plan though!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Quick question, if you by chance know the answer.

Was the morphology based on the strict scale, or not? I know it's random, but other than that (since ours was not on the strict scale) my DH's numbers look like yours.

My OB/GYB said it was fine, my RE said it wasn't. We're personally going to get another SA and opinon soon.

2/12: 100 mg Clomid + Bravelle last minute+ back to back IUI. BFN
    3/12 150mg Clomid + B2B IUI =BFP!! TWINS!
    Vanishing twin at week 6
    Tater-tot born January 3rd 2013

2 IUI's in 2016- BFN
    3 IUI's in 2017- BFN
    8/17 IUI BFP!!!!!!!!
  • Options

OMG.

I totally agree with you on the HSG. It hurt like a mother! At least your tubes are clear, that is a very good thing :)

I don't have much advice to offer concerning the SA results...I'm no expert in that area. Good luck with everything though!

Yay for a plan!

08.2008 | Diagnosed with PCOS
    11.2011 | First appointment with RE
    12.2011 | HSG reveals 100% blockages in both tubes
    02.2012 | Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy to unblock tubes...success!

{ BFP # 1 | April 1, 2012 }
    Jonah Alexander is here! Born 12.07.12 @ 39w3d

{ BFP # 2 | May 22, 2013 }
    Chemical Pregnancy :(

{ BFP # 3 | February 12, 2014 }
    So far, so good! We love you, little peanut!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Sorry about the painful HSG. The morph and motility numbers are below normal but they aren't that bad. I wouldn't think it would be playing that big of a role in why you aren't conceiving. It is mild MFI.

MFI, Lap on 7/21/11 - Stage III/IV Endo and Polyps removed by D&C
    IVF #1 with ICSI - ER 1/20 (16R, 12M, 10F), ET 1/23 (1-10 cell and 1-8cell transferred), BFP on 1/31 Beta #1 on 2/3 = 68, Beta #2 on 2/6 = 261 EDD 10/12/12  
    Baby girl born 9/22/12

FET #1 - 9/16/13 - BFN

IVF #2 - ER 11/11/13 (24R, 18M, 16F), ET 11/16 (2 Grade A blasts)
    BFP on 11/23 Beta #1 = 76 EDD 8/2/14

• Options
    imageJenniatONU:

Quick question, if you by chance know the answer.

Was the morphology based on the strict scale, or not? I know it's random, but other than that (since ours was not on the strict scale) my DH's numbers look like yours.

My OB/GYB said it was fine, my RE said it wasn't. We're personally going to get another SA and opinon soon.

This was us exactly.  Apparently, this is common.  OBs tend to not think it is an issue and RE's do.   We didn't know it was of concern until my RE read his test results.  THe test was performed through my OB! Mine suggested moving into IUI due to DH low morph. We did one cycle of TI that was a bust.  Moving into IUI next week.

Brandon Le born 9/9/13 as a result of IVF#1

• Options

I'm seeing an RE. He said the numbers aren't "normal" but also its very mild MFI...but since we're otherwise unexplained IF, there's a possibility that his "low but normal" numbers could be playing a role. Who knows. Either way, the recommendation is IUI and I don't plan on stressing about it too much.

DH wants to try a couple TI cycles (w/ Clomid and trigger) first due to his work schedule. He runs a bakery and I basically don't see him from Valentine's Day til Easter/Passover due to how busy they are. 

• Options
    So sorry the HSG was painful. I dont't have much advice on the SA results. We have low motility at 23%. So yours looks slightly under normal, but not too bad. Good luck with your plan!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"