High-Risk Pregnancy

Cramp like ache on my lower right abdomen-similar to period cramps?

I've noticed today maybe 4 or 5 times a cramp like feeling that comes and goes, and my stomach tends to get tight. By comes and goes, I also mean that it lasts a couple minutes. I've noticed it after I get up from sitting down, or if I walk around a bunch. It's enough to make me sit back down. 

The past couple weeks I have had, what I assumed to be BH contractions. All of a sudden I get somewhat short of breath and my whole stomach tightens up(no pain at all.) But, this is different. The only way I know how to describe what I have been  feeling today it is a cramp like feeling or a sharp ache. I am also a first timer at this...I will be 33 weeks Friday. I have GD and take Glyburide once daily. Not sure if that info is needed, but thought I would throw it in there. Any ideas as to what this could be?

Re: Cramp like ache on my lower right abdomen-similar to period cramps?

• I have been having cramp like feelings since about 33 weeks also but nothing has happened yet and I will be 37 weeks on Sat, I had my cerclage removed this past Fri.  I also have had BH since about 20 weeks and it freaked me out but it never changed my cervix.  I also am GD pt but not on meds.  I think that this all sounds exactly the same as what I have been experiencing and not sure if normal but my Dr's have not been concerned when I told them about it
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker PCOS 2006-2008 Clomid and Metformin all BFN cycles 2008-2009 3 IUI's all BFN Feb 2010 IVF hyperstimulated April 2010 FET#1 BFP with twins m/c at 8 weeks Sept 2010 FET#2 BFP with Brody and Harper born at 22 weeks from IC May 2011 FET#3 BFP with singleton, cerclage placed at 13.5 weeks Neelie Grace born 37.5weeks on Jan 4 2012
  • imagecbleahy@comcast.net:
    I have been having cramp like feelings since about 33 weeks also but nothing has happened yet and I will be 37 weeks on Sat, I had my cerclage removed this past Fri.  I also have had BH since about 20 weeks and it freaked me out but it never changed my cervix.  I also am GD pt but not on meds.  I think that this all sounds exactly the same as what I have been experiencing and not sure if normal but my Dr's have not been concerned when I told them about it

That is good to hear. I have an NST tomorrow. So, I figure that I will just ask them about it when I go. I never seem to have them when I am sitting, just if I get up and walk around a bit(I've been cleaning,)  or if I have been sitting and I get up it happens. So, I've been taking it kind-of easy today. Just made me a bit wary since this hasn't really happened before.  

• Loading the player...
  • Pay attention to the frequency and call your doctor if they come with any regularity. It could be BH but it could also be preterm labor (I had preterm labor at just under 24 weeks and had no idea what it could feel like, so didn't call my dr. until it was too late).

I don't want to alarm you, and it's probably nothing, but if they do seem regular, it's better to be safe than sorry.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"