Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Who else is bummed their deductible is re-setting?

We have been so spoiled since LO's birth that we met our deductible...all of his appointments and meds have been FREE!  NOT looking forward to tomorrow, when we have to start working towards meeting our deductible again BOO!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Who else is bummed their deductible is re-setting?

• Crap!  This made me think of how her 4 mo appt is on Jan 2nd.  I should have made them schedule it during December (she turned 4 mo on the 21st but the preffered not to schedule it during Christmas week).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yup :( At least my dental is reset though! I've been waiting for a crown since she was born but had no $$ left in my dental. Once the ball drops it's fully covered.
  • Loading the player...
  • For some crazy reason, ours resets on July 1st. So, I have some time. I'm not going to be sad about the baby's deductible anyway, because all her routine "well child" visits and all shots are covered 100% anyway (our plan doesn't even have co-pays), so her deductible doesn't apply to those. She's basically covered except sick visits. Which go towards her deductible since we don't have co-pays. 

The deductible and out of pocket max for ME, however, was met when she was born in July, right after the insurance year started, so I'm enjoying a full year of free medical coverage/prescriptions. I plan to do as many doctor visits in the next 6 months as possible! lol!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Ugh, me! I need to have surgery on my wrist and tried to schedule it before today. No luck. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Definitely me too...  we didn't even meet our deductible last year and didn't have insurance when he was born (DH was still on his starting probation period) so we paid for his birth at our birth center out of pocket :(
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Photobucket
  • Im not so bummed now, but we are planning on getting pregnant again in March (going off bcp) and I will go my entire pregnancy next year reaching my deductible, only to probably have a baby in January...and start all over! Complete bummer.  I've tried to convince myself to maybe try a tad sooner to get preggo to prevent that from happening, but we'll see.  17 months  apart sounds crazy enough for me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekxp004:
    Definitely me too...  we didn't even meet our deductible last year and didn't have insurance when he was born (DH was still on his starting probation period) so we paid for his birth at our birth center out of pocket :(

Same for us!! His regular job was slow so he got another job, until we move in feb. , which meant insurance with the new job was probationary. I just used Medicaid. 

oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"