Upstate NY Babies

What's everyone doing for NYE this year?

Re: What's everyone doing for NYE this year?

• Nada-staying home most likely and I think DH and I are making some sort of burgers for dinner-maybe after DD goes to bed...although not sure. My ILs offered to babysit, but really we have no desire to go out. Yep, we're boring!
  • Not much here... 

We are going to make a really nice meal after Evan goes to bed. Probably a steak and some sort of seafood... seared scallops or maybe just lobster. I'll make creme brule for dessert- it's kinda tradition. We'll rent a movie and just hang out, watch the ball drop, make out... that sorta thing! DH stopped at the liquor store tonight to grab a couple bottles of bubbly.

I was just telling DH I want to make some sort of plans next year. None of our friends do anything... just hang out at home.  I think we might host a little shin-dig to ring in 2013.

• Loading the player...
  • i am going to try really hard to make it til midnight.  It is our 7th anniversary.  I think we might buy steaks and have a nice dinner. I bought tiaras and hats for us to dress up and have a little party with the kids.  I want to have a party so badly.  Maybe someday
  • Sleep :)  I can barely make it to 9 p.m. these days, so we will most likely do a nice dinner, cuddle a bit after the boys go to bed and be to bed soon after ourselves.  I would love to do some sort of balloon drop for the boys, but our dog goes nuts over balloons so that may not be the best idea....
    imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We're staying home. I'm making chicken wing dip for DH (boring, I know, but it's so bad for you that it's the only time I'll concede and make it). I found out a few years ago that my body really can't tolerate champagne so we'll probably toast the new year with margueritas. We're not big on going all out for New Year's, so we stopped trying to get ourselves excited about going out. Yeah, we're pretty boring like that.
  • IL's offered to watch the kids so we can go out to a "nice" dinner with my BIL/SIL & BIL/GF & 2 of our friends. Then we go to my IL's annual ball drop party. She has 2 sets of bunk beds and a few cribs so the kiddos can sleep upstairs.

Please Julie- have a party next year so I have an excuse to skip watching my ILs get wasted & fight oh and so I can avoid having to kiss 50 ppl at midnight

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We go to the same party every year.  This is the first year we'll go without kids.  All our friends that go are kid friendly, but have no kids.  The host has sleeping accomodations for my kids but Claire aways stays up and it ends up being miserable for her.  This year my parents are watching them overnight and I feel terribly guilty. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We never do anything exciting.  Actually, I mentioned to DH that I wanted to do something with some friends of ours, and he said, 'Til midnight?'  We never stay up late.  It's going to be in the high 60s here, so we're hoping to spend some time outside with G, maybe grill, and possibly play some cards with friends, but I'm sure we'll be in bed by 10.
  • DH is taking Stella to the hockey game.  After they get home and the girls are in bed we'll have some champagne and take down the tree and decorations.  The only way we'll be able to stay awake until midnight is if we have something to do besides lay around!
    DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11
  • I think we're making a nice dinner, drinking some champagne and that's about it.  There's no way I can stay up until midnight with the way Thomas sleeps.  I might be up at midnight, but it's not to watch the ball drop! I don't think we've stayed up until midnight since before I was pregnant with Rosie. We are super boring!
  • DH and i are going to a dinner and a movie tonight- his idea but i'm picking the movie- new years eve- and he suggested we go to Kyoto- which i love so i can't complain!

tomorrow we were invited to our friends house for a party with all our kids, should be fun, lots of food and M will have boys to play with that are right around his age.

sunday we're deep frying a turkey- yeah start the new year off on a healthy start- lol! DH's brother is in town so we invited him to my parents for the turkey dinner

• Before Belle we use to go out to a black tie gala every year with my family. When we had Belle we started a tradition of staying home. I make home made pizzas, we watch a movie and watch the ball drop. We are usually in bed by 12:30. This is the first year that I am actually looking forward to staying home. It took a couple years to not feel bad about not going out but I like staying home and being with Belle (even though she is sleeping at midnight).

I want to do something fun for Belle on Saturday. I really like the idea of a balloon drop for her. She would love it.

• We will probably just take down the tree once Ava is asleep, watch the ball drop then pass out. Very exciting. I have zero energy these days!
  • I'm so glad we aren't the only "boring" couple doing nothing NYE!  We're planning on just hanging with Tori till she goes to bed & then watching a movie & drinking some margaritas :)   Some friends have asked us to come out with them, but my DH will not go out on NYE and never has.  He thinks it's the worst night of the year to be on the road (as a former fire fighter/emt/ambulance driver I don't argue with him about it)

• I have to work. I always do.. I usually volunteer to work so people that have lives can go out. :) But for some reason I'm really bummed about it this year. Not that I want to go out but I want to be home with my family for it.
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Nothing. DH has to work so I'll probably be asleep by 10. B wakes up so early. We have a Christmas party on Saturday and one on Sunday so I'm sure I'll be tired:) I'll live vicariously through my friends who will be at time square.

TTC since 6/2003. m/c 9/14/03 8 weeks, 5 chemical pregnancies, mmc 6/04 12 weeks, Michael born sleeping 5/25/05 at 22weeks always our angel, fought ovarian cancer and won, m/c 4/06 5.2 weeks and 7/07 6.6 weeks,Our Miracle baby girl born 4/8/10,mc 12/18/11 at 5.3 weeks, BFP 10/26/12 dating u/s on 11/8/12 showing a strong heartbeat!EDD July 4,2013. RCS on 6/27. Baby boy in NICU for 8 long and scary days before he was able to come home. We are now a happy family of 4

. imageimage

• we are hanging at home and I'm babysitting baby girl two...

we are going to play and paint and eat cookies...and hopefully she and L will be in bed by 830 :-) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"