March 2012 Moms
Options

Lice!

My DD and I have lice. WTF. That's really all I can say! 

It took me 3 hours to comb through her hair after the shampoo, every time I thought I could be done I'd find a new little bugger.

It is now 1am here and I am exhausted and haven't done myself yet. I feel like we've probably had it for weeks so I should go to bed and do it in the morning, because not only do I have to wash/comb my hair I would have to wash all my sheets, etc etc etc. BUT I also don't know that I can fall asleep knowing that I have lice.

I want to scream :( 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Lice!

• Options
    That sucks!!!!  I hope you can get some sleep and kick the little buggers arses!!!
  • Options

I actually had to take a class on lice a couple years ago. Now, that was a fun 3 hours.

Tips I can give you:

-Don't use the drug store stuff made for lice. It is actually a version of tear gas.

-Soak your and your DD's hair in conditioner and leave it on for 30 minutes then use the little comb to comb through. Do that every day for about a week.

-After that, comb without the conditioner onto a piece of white paper so you can see anything that may fall out. See signs of lice, do the conditioner thing again.

Bad news? No matter what you do, lice can take up to 6 weeks to get rid of due to the eggs.

Good news? Lice die within two hours of being off of a human head.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That really stinks!!!  Do you know where it came from?
    imageimageimage

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers">AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
    Formerly dlsexton
    BFP #1 Dec 2010 ~ Blighted Ovum Jan 2011 @ 11wks D&C Jan '11 & Mar '11
    BFP #2 July 2011 ~ Miss Amelia born 3/30/12 @ 41 weeks!
    BFP #3 July 2013 ~ M/C Aug 2013 @ 5.5 weeks
    BFP #4 Oct 2013 ~ Miss Lydia born 6/3/14 @ 36 weeks!

• Options
    I wouldn't be able to sleep either!! Good luck!
  • Options
    Oh gag!! DD has gotten lice the past two summers from camp. I check her often so I've caught it early enough that there were only a few adult lice. It's such a pain in the ass to deal with. Honestly, I would look and see if there is a professional lice remover place to go to, for yourself at least. I can't imagine being able to comb everything out on your own head.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

My DH rocks, has spent all day combing through my head, etc. I still sort of feel like he didn't do as well of a job as could've been done, but I know he did his best. And he knows he has to do it every day for awhile.

I am sooooo tired though and sick of doing laundry and all I want to do is lay my head down, yet I don't! Tongue Tied

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"