February 2012 Moms

Postpartum compression belt?

Do any of you recommend or have experience with any of these post-delivery binder belts? Are they really much different than if I just wore my maternity belly band that I already have? (I'm guessing that these post delivery ones must be more elastic-y, but I don't know...) Also how do you choose what size? The belly bandit page says you should measure your tummy at 8months pregnant and get that size! Is that true?

Gabrialla Breathable Binder

Peanut Shell Flats Compression Belt

Belly Bandit Original

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Postpartum compression belt?

• Last time i just used my maternity belly band and i felt good with that... it just felt like it was sort of "holding me together", and i could fold it in half or put on 2 if i wanted it to feel a little more snug. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm planning to use one of those medical grade ones, similar to the Gabrialla...
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Last time I used a belly band, but this time I'm going to buy the real deal. I'm looking forward to some support.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I actually purchased the Gabrialla and have it packed away in my L&D bag. It seems like it's shaped better to fit a woman's curves. I would personally stay away from the belly bandit since it's so expensive and consumer reviews tend to be mixed.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for the advice ladies. What about the size? How did you choose what size to get? Or are you waiting till after delivery?

• I have heard they are common in European countries...and lets face it, European's look a lot better than most Americans, I'm willing to try it :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"