Success after IF

Too tired to give a full update..

but here are some highlights:

Gwen had her surg. apt today. For the time being, no biopsy or surgery is scheduled.

That is because she has breast tissue growing. The mass itself is not a mass, but a breast.

The concern now is why this is happening. Something is acting on her estrogen receptors to cause this. Possibilities are external sources, but I am not sure if that is likely because there is nothing she consumes that the boys don't, and they seem to not have any hormonal issues ect. Also, she is not breastfed, so she would not be getting it from me. 

The biggest concern our surgeon had was potential adrenal gland, pituitary gland, or ovarian tumors/growths which are secreting estrogen. There is a term called preco.cious puberty, which can happen, but it would be almost unheard of at her age.

Plan is to see the surgeon in 4 weeks again, and to measure her again to see if they have continued to grow. In the mean time we are to expect a call from a pedi-endo next week for an appointment. Our Surgeon wants her in sooner than later, so he is calling a colleague.  

Very upset and stressed and worried here. I feel like there is something I must have done wrong while pregnant ect.  To top it off, this is pretty rare, so there is almost nothing Dr. Google can tell me about these symptoms in this age group.

I also suddenly feel VERY over-protective of her. I want to shield her from any teasing in the future (I know I am getting ahead) and I feel scared about putting her in day-care. I worry about her being abused, and I know it is my anxiety talking.  

Re: Too tired to give a full update..

• ((((HUGS)))) I can't imagine what you are going through. It's terrible to not have answers and I hope you get some answers soon.
    siggy should be here!
  • I'm so sorry.  This is a lot to face and not having any solid answers yet must make it so much harder.  Your fears and concerns are totally to be expected, but this has nothing to do with something you did wrong while pregnant or since then.  Be easy on yourself.  Your a great mom for being so proactive in getting her seen and diagnosed.

T&Ps that the doctors will be able to quickly and accurately figure out what the underlying cause is. HUGE HUGS!!!!!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry you are dealing with so much.  Thoughts and prayers coming your way.
  • imageJenCW:

I'm so sorry.  This is a lot to face and not having any solid answers yet must make it so much harder.  Your fears and concerns are totally to be expected, but this has nothing to do with something you did wrong while pregnant or since then.  Be easy on yourself.  Your a great mom for being so proactive in getting her seen and diagnosed.

T&Ps that the doctors will be able to quickly and accurately figure out what the underlying cause is. HUGE HUGS!!!!!!!

This, exactly. Big ((((hugs))) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC since Dec '04 Severe MFI-diagnosed 12/06 3 failed Fresh IVFs FET #1 - BFP!! 2 blasts tx on day 6. Beta #1 8dp6dt = 56, Beta #2 = 600, Beta #3 = 5600 My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageJenCW:

I'm so sorry.  This is a lot to face and not having any solid answers yet must make it so much harder.  Your fears and concerns are totally to be expected, but this has nothing to do with something you did wrong while pregnant or since then.  Be easy on yourself.  Your a great mom for being so proactive in getting her seen and diagnosed.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC since Dec '04 Severe MFI-diagnosed 12/06 3 failed Fresh IVFs FET #1 - BFP!! 2 blasts tx on day 6. Beta #1 8dp6dt = 56, Beta #2 = 600, Beta #3 = 5600 My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageJenCW:

• HUGE ((((HUGS)))). I am so sorry you don't have more answers. How scary :( Sending big T&Ps that you get some good info very soon. You are a GREAT mom, and this is not your fault!
  • This is totally not your fault. I hope the doctors are able to give you answrs.

Thinking of you.

Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
    The Dandelion Archive
    "If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am so sorry-hoping you get more answers soon. We are here for you.

Diagnosed PCOS & MFI-Success with IUI

• I am so sorry- I will be thinking of you all- I can't imagine how scared you are.  Will be keeping you all in my prayers.
  • Hugs.  I'm sorry that you feel like you did something to cause this - you didn't.  

You are a good mom! 

• Oh, honey -- (((BIG HUGS))).  Thinking of you and hoping you get some answers soon.  If you ever get in a pinch and can't find a babysitter for the boys, please let me know.  I know I'm a little far, but we could make it work in an emergency.
    My Favorite Books image
    Books read in 2012: 58!
  • I hope you get more answers soon. I am sorry you feel you caused this. There is nothing you could have done to cause this (( hugs))
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • (((hugs))) I'm so sorry you don't have any answers yet, I can't imagine how scary that must be.  Please do not be hard on yourself, as you are a great mom!  I hope you find some answers soon.  (((hugs)))
  • Thinking of you!  Take things one step at a time - I hope you get some answers really soon.
    PCOS, lupus anticoagulant, MTHFR (A1298C, one copy) 2 IUIs & 1 IVF = BFN FET#1 = It's a girl! Born 7.1.10 FET#2 = c/p FET#3 = Twin girls! Born on 3.16.12 at 33w2d due to severe pre-E. After 4 weeks in the NICU they are home! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • ((Hugs)).  I wish there was a easy/better answer for you.  Try and get some rest.  I think it's totally natural that you would be over protective.
  • Huge hugs. I have a friend on another site who has a daughter that was diagnosed with precocious puberty right around her 2nd birthday. Sammie is now 10 or 11, and from what I understand, a pretty normal little girl. If you'd like me to try and put you two in touch, PM me your email address and I'll see if I can get Brooke to email you.
    TTC#1 since Mar 2008. Serious MFI due to cancer. 3 cancelled IUI's, just about every test in the book. IVF#1 - BFP! Twin girls arrived 2/5/10 at 35w2d. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Big (((hugs)))
  • (((Hugs)))

One day at a time, Mama.  Don't borrow trouble that isn't here yet...she's in good hands (yours!!).

• wow. that sounds like a lot to take it.  I am so sorry that you are dealing with this.  I hope that you get some answers quickly and that everything is treatable and /or fixable.  

(((hugs))) 

• ((HUGS)) I'll be thinking of Gwen and hoping you get some answers and the very best outcome possible.  
  • Wow.  that's a lot to take in, and I'm sorry you don't have more answers.  You worry is totally normal, but please don't think that there was anything you did to cause this.  ((huge hugs)) and please keep us posted.  Lots of t+p's coming your way.
  • Oh that sounds so stressful.  I hope you have an answers and a positive solution asap.  I'm sorry.  And I am sure you did NOTHING wrong.
    Wheee!

"When it comes to sleeping, whatever your baby does is normal. If one thing has damaged parents enjoyment of their babies, it's rigid expectations about how and when the baby should sleep." ~ James McKenna, Ph.D., Mother Baby Behavioral Sleep Center, University of Notre Dame

• i'm so sorry that you are going through this. how scary! please keep us posted and let us know if there is anything we can do to support you.
  • i used to work for the company that makes Lupron- which has an indication for CPP... i never sold it, so i don't know it that well... but it's not that uncommon - perhaps more uncommon at her age- but not uncommon all around. 

i'm sorry you are giong through this- but it sounds like she's getting good treatment and will be doing fine once it's all figured out... with CPP they generally treat with Lupron or similar, and then stop when it's time for normal puberty to start.

I used to be Goldie_locks_5 but the new nest is so screwed up that I was forced to start over.
    imageimage
  • Oh man!  I am soooo sorry you have to deal with this.  :(  ((((HUGS))))  Your poor baby girl, and I totally understand wanting to protect her.  I really hope you are able to get some answers very soon. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

After 21 cycles, and severe MFI, we finally did it with IVF #1 w/ICSI! Nico arrived 12/3/08!!!
    TTC for #2: IVF w/ICSI #2-4/17/10-BFN; IVF w/ICSI #3; 7/4/10-BFP!!! Beta #1- 96; Beta #2-528; Beta #3- 7371; 6w,5d-blited ovum=D&C :(
    IUI #2 1/10/11-BFN; IUI #3 2/18/11-BFN
    IVF #4 w/ICSI & PICSI ER 5/13/11, ET 5/1/118-BFP!! Natalee arrived on 1/23/12!!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Blog: Miracles Can Happen
    Parenthood Blog: The Adventures of Nico & Natalee
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"