Multiples

Quad stroller for triplets???

Hi ladies...I was wondering if anyone with triplets has a quad stroller??  I'm currently researching strollers but I wanted to get some opinions from those with personal experience.  I know there's the roundabout and the triple decker, but I'm not huge fans of those.  My mother-in-law just scored a Peg Perego Triplette for herself for $50!!!  It won't fit in the back of my car so I didn't get it for myself.  I was thinking a quad would be nice because it's shorter, wide enough to fit through most doorways and I'll have an extra seat for the extra diaper bag, shopping bags (like I can afford that ever again hahaha), etc.  TIA!
P/SAIF Miscarriages 9/2007, 3/2008 (D&C) and 9/2008 (Clomid-blight ovum) HSG 11/2008-normal; Hysteroscopy 7/2011-normal DH sperm count 10/2008-freakishly high 8/2011-1st round of Clomid, BFN-onto the next month! 9/16/11-started Bravelle 10/08-BFP! Triplets! BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Quad stroller for triplets???

• do you have another kid? i cannot imagine wanting a stroller BIGGER than necessary. what about the foundations triple? i've heard good things about it.
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • It's hard enough to push a triple stroller. 

I have a peg.  It has a terrible turning radius making it difficult to navigate through stores.  If I were to get a do-over with my stroller purchase I would get an ABC Adventure Buggy with the triple pram thing on top.

jailbirds Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • No, no other children.  I heard the tandems are a PITA to turn so I was trying to steer away from them.  Thanks for the pram rec, I'll look into that.  It's difficult to really make a concrete decision when the stores don't carry these strollers in stock.  It'd be great to 'test drive' and to know for sure that it'll fit in my car (Murano).
    P/SAIF Miscarriages 9/2007, 3/2008 (D&C) and 9/2008 (Clomid-blight ovum) HSG 11/2008-normal; Hysteroscopy 7/2011-normal DH sperm count 10/2008-freakishly high 8/2011-1st round of Clomid, BFN-onto the next month! 9/16/11-started Bravelle 10/08-BFP! Triplets! BabyFruit Ticker
  • my Dh's cousin has the foundations for her triplets - and doesn't use it often... she uses a double + single most of the time bc she is rarely out alone with them.

I don't think the idea of a quad is such a bad idea. I'd much rather drive a quad than a tandem triple... i'd HATE the length of a triple tandem, though, a quad would not be easy to get around either.

The Valco Trimode twin + toddler seat is the best "triple" in my opinoin- it's what i used for my twins + toddler the first year and loved it... but you can't put 3 infants in it - only 2 infants... and could wear one, or use a single stroller for 3rd... and then use the 3rd seat when they are a bit older.

I used to be Goldie_locks_5 but the new nest is so screwed up that I was forced to start over.
    imageimage
  • Thanks UsedTo.  I think I'd hate the length of the tandem triple too, which is why I'm gearing towards a shorter stroller, even if it is wider.  I love the ABC adventure buggy but it's WAY out of my price range.  I read quite a few reviews on the Foundations triple tandem where people said the wheels fell off.  Not something I would look forward to, especially if I was out along with all three.  Thanks for the rec!
  • Oooh, yeah, the ABC one is what I wish I had gotten! I forgot about that one.

• What do/did you use pea-kay?  I also considered getting a double and a single and using connectors if I'm by myself but I'd have trouble fitting through doorways and such.  I probably won't be by myself with them a lot, but I can't assume.
  • well, let's see...

first, i had a triple decker (eh, not too fond of it, but it was pretty compact) and a double and single SNG. we hardly ever used the triple decker. it's not like i went out with them alone very much when they were tiny, so that worked great. if i did go alone, i wore one and the other two were in the double.

as they got older, i got a single and double SBS, and someone gave me a PP triplette w/steering wheel. i used that quite a bit, along with the single and double strollers. when they turned 1 we got a choo choo wagon and we used that more than anything ever. :)

i also had a triple jogger i only used on walks (v rarely). 

• funny- this just came up on my FB feed. That is a nice color- and a couple of them are triplet moms said they loved the extra seat!

NEW! Foundations LX 4 Seat Stroller in EarthScape color!

www.stuff4multiples.com
    Foundations strollers are designed for the ultimate in safety, ease of use, durability and value. The Quad LX Stroller features extra wide seating to accommodate children up to 50 pounds. Exclusive Comfort Push handle automatically disengages brake with forward motion of the stroller, eliminating ha...

• Lona OMG - I LOVED my foundation quad and I only had triplets. But the extra storeage was EXCELLENT. I am jealous of this new color
        about an hour ago ?  ? 3
      • Trista  I loved mine, also! Had triplets and added another baby 16 mths later. I wish mine had looked like this!
        about an hour ago ?
      • Lona We had that awful blue color nothing like standing out even more with a bright blue. Yes please I would like more attention. If you are having triplets, check out this stroller. The extra seat is great for storeage plus its not as LONG as a triple stroller and it fits in most standard doorways.
        37 minutes ago ?
    •  

I used to be Goldie_locks_5 but the new nest is so screwed up that I was forced to start over.
    imageimage
  • We are getting the ABC Adventure Buggy quad but have an older child so will need the extra seat. If you contact the owner of ABC, Phil Green through email you can get a much better deal than you can find online- he's super nice and very responsive. If you're interested PM me and I can send you his contact info.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That's the exact one I was looking at UsedTo.  I'm not a huge fan of the blue but if I had to get it I would.  They sell this one at Target too, although they're out of stock right now. I'll probably go with this one seeing how many people with triplets enjoyed using it and having the extra space.  Thanks!
  • I like the look of that foundations stroller!  I got a Inglesia off Craigslist but like the PP you have to take the seats off.  I am going to see how it works out but I may end up getting the ABC one or the foundations one.
    Diagnosis: DOR and MFI-low everything IVF #1 = triplets! 2 girls and a boy! Born Sept 29, 2011 at 32w6d due to Pre-e and HELLP syndrome Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"