Babies: 9 - 12 Months

I need a reality check

It's ridiculous to have an RSVP postcard and maps/directions to a first birthday party, right?

I feel like I might be going over the top with the party but I'm having so much fun. Anyway, we're inviting about 56 people and I really would appreciate knowing how many people will actually be there. In my experience with showers, only a couple people actually RSVP and I have to spend days calling the rest and if I don't, I'm grossly over-prepared. I thought since we were inviting so many people, it might be nice to include RSVP cards and maps and directions since I'm making the invitations anyway. That's over the top, right? Talk me down. Or tell me to do it. :-D

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I need a reality check

• If you have the time and energy to do it then do it.  I always say don't do it if it's stressing you out because then it's not worth the hassle.  BUT if you're having fun with it and you have time then heck why not?  It isn't going to hurt anyone.  That's just me though :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Have fun with it.  If we were throwing a party for 50+ people I would want at least an estimate of how many people might come. 

2nd EDD 02/01/13 - MC 5 1/2 weeks 6/5/12. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I wouldn't do a separate card, I'd put an RSVP number and date on the invite. Of course, there are always some people just suck at RSVP's in genera (SIL has yet to answer one in the 15 years I've known her). I am having about 48 people but I know they will be there because they are 90% immediate family that always go to birthday parties. Like PP said, if you've got the time, have a blast.
  • The directions are okay, the RSVP card would make me roll my eyes. I'd put a number and an e-mail address. Sometimes I'll think late at night or first thing in the morning "Oh, I have to RSVP!" and it's an hour I wouldn't want to call someone and then I forget...an e-mail address helps!

You can also just put "Regrets only" so that only people who don't plan on coming need to call you. You'll still have people not show up who didn't call, but then you can still plan on a certain amount. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wouldn't do a separate RSVP card, but I would put a phone number/email address on the invitation. The map/directions would be good to include.

• imageTBLilyRose:

The directions are okay, the RSVP card would make me roll my eyes. I'd put a number and an e-mail address. Sometimes I'll think late at night or first thing in the morning "Oh, I have to RSVP!" and it's an hour I wouldn't want to call someone and then I forget...an e-mail address helps!

You can also just put "Regrets only" so that only people who don't plan on coming need to call you. You'll still have people not show up who didn't call, but then you can still plan on a certain amount. 

This. Save yourself the cost of the separate card and stamps. Just include an email or number to RSVP. I think mailed RSVP is really more for a wedding, not a birthday party.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"