October 2011 Moms
Options

Spitting up after each feeding..

Since last night, DD has been spitting up, what seems like, all of what she just ate. She hasn't done this previously, hence this post asking if it's normal.

She hasn't vomited, no temp, acting normal otherwise.. just spitting up a lot after each feeding.

I'm hoping it isn't because of the soy milk I just bought.. because that would suck. I love vanilla soy milk. Sad

Anyone else have a LO that spits up after each feeding? I guess it's just something "new'" that DD hasn't done. Her 2month appt is Tuesday so if it continues, obviously I will bring it up then.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Spitting up after each feeding..

• Options
    are you putting her down or changing her right after feeding? If so, try holding her upright for 15 min. It's very rare for babies to have an allergy to anything you have eaten. You may want to call your doctor today (if she is still throwing up all of her meals) because it could be a red flag for Pyloric Stenosis, a narrowing of the muscle between the stomach and small intestine. It usually occurs at six to eight weeks of age. Please don't panic, I just wanted to make you aware of this issue in case you were not.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Slings at Nurtured Family
  • Options
    Mine started spitting up out of the blue too. Then it just stopped. I BF so I don't know if she can over eat, but it wasn't projectile so I didn't worry too too much about it. It lasted for about a week, and it was a pretty large volume, but after that, we're just back to the gallons of drool. Maybe its just a phase?
    BFP 11/2/10! First Dr's appt 11/30/10, shows Blighted Ovum measuring~ 5.9w @ 7w5d Natural Miscarraige 12/10/10 TTA unitl Feb, waiting BARE minimum before hopping back in the saddle So ready to try again, but I will never forget my first baby. BFP#2 02/06/11!!!! *stick baby, stick!* Team Green turn Team PINK 10/09/11 BFP #3 02/23/13...SURPRISE! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My daughter wears a bib 90 % of the day because of reflux. She spits up enough to soak her big after a feeding. Since we got her on meds she no longer screams when it happens 

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My DS has horrible reflux and spits up whole bottles after almost every bottle. It's not uncommon for to have to change his outfit just moments after I put him in a clean one! I do laundry constantly. Unfortunately for him he is still in lots of pain when he spits up despite being on 2 different medications and a special formula. If she's happy, I would wait and see if she keeps doing it. If pain is associated it could be reflux...

ETA: to say that DS spits up so much that he isn't gaining weight. He's 3 months old and weighs 9lbs 8ozs. If its a lot of spit up I would just ask your pedi for a weight check. If she's still gaining, I wouldn't worry too much.
  • Options

Thanks for all tour advice/input ladies.  I ended up calling the ped. today just to ease my anxiety.  They said as long as she's having wet/dirty diapers, and not seeming to be in pain, to just bring it up at her 2 month appt.

Thanks again! Smile

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"