Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Best bargaining tips?

Ok, going to look at cars today....any bargaining tips? TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Best bargaining tips?

• ooohh...that's a good one I never thought of! 
  • I'm not any good at bargaining, but I just wanted to say good luck and have fun! What kind of car are you looking at? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Well this might get my UO in at the same time but I'm trading in my Subaru Forester for a minivan <gasp> We're looking at Honda, Toyota and Kia....I think I like the Honda's best but the Kia's are rated pretty high and much cheaper so I want to be able to compare. We only have DS right now but are planning on TTC in the next few months and we have a lab. We also travel a lot and our last trip to MA for Xmas was so squished! 
  •  When I bought my car, I had print outs of all the other cars in a 200-mile radius that had similar stats. So when I pulled out, "But there's one in Nashua with 10k fewer miles priced $2k less", the price magically dropped by almost $3k.
     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • imagehetachu:
    Well this might get my UO in at the same time but I'm trading in my Subaru Forester for a minivan <gasp> We're looking at Honda, Toyota and Kia....I think I like the Honda's best but the Kia's are rated pretty high and much cheaper so I want to be able to compare. We only have DS right now but are planning on TTC in the next few months and we have a lab. We also travel a lot and our last trip to MA for Xmas was so squished! 

If it is any help, my parents have a Kia minivan and they love it!  It is a 2004 and they have never had any problems with it and you would never guess it was that old. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLoisLane23:

Also, don't be afraid to tell them goodbye and go to the next place. They hate it, and they'll try to get you to stay but offering a better price.

This! When we bought our car, one of the dealerships had refused to really negotiate, so we left. They called us multiple times over the next week until DH told them they blew it and we had already bought another car.  

My BFF just bought a mini van and it is amazing! I told DH I wanted one. He laughed at me because we are one and done, so we really don't need one.  I told him we could always have more babies so we would need one ;)

• I think we're going to do Toyota first and if we can't get down where I want to be then Kia will be much cheaper. Honda is the most expensive but has the best resale. I checked truecar.com which is AWESOME if you've never used it and tracks the prices paid at all of the local dealerships. Thanks for your input ladies!!!
  • imagehetachu:
    Well this might get my UO in at the same time but I'm trading in my Subaru Forester for a minivan <gasp> We're looking at Honda, Toyota and Kia....I think I like the Honda's best but the Kia's are rated pretty high and much cheaper so I want to be able to compare. We only have DS right now but are planning on TTC in the next few months and we have a lab. We also travel a lot and our last trip to MA for Xmas was so squished! 

Do you mind if I ask why you're getting ride of your Forester?  We will be looking for a new family car in the next year or two, and I love Subarus.  My DH used to have a WRX when he first got out of the Army and it was so much fun to drive.  Now, I know that it will be different from a Forester, but we really like Subarus in general and I would LOVE a Tribeca (you know, one of the ones with the option 3rd row seats).  I doubt we will be able to afford a Tribeca, but I think the Foresters are nice, or an Outback wagon.  Have you had problems with yours?  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Research before you go - that way you can be sure you are getting a fair price but also not getting taken advantage of.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love Subaru. This is my third one and I have had only positive experiences. I love the AWD and the way it handles. I also feel like we are squished together even though it is an SUV and the Tribecca doesn't add that much storage room and is so expensive. I am also looking forward to automatic sliding doors lol
  • imagehetachu:
    I love Subaru. This is my third one and I have had only positive experiences. I love the AWD and the way it handles. I also feel like we are squished together even though it is an SUV and the Tribecca doesn't add that much storage room and is so expensive. I am also looking forward to automatic sliding doors lol

Thanks :)  Yeah, my parents have a Caravan with the automatic sliding doors and it was so nice to use when we visited them this summer.  So convenient!  

• look up the invoice cost to the dealer (there are a couple ways you can do this - I forget off the top of my head, but I'm sure google can help).  then offer a couple thousand over it - something reasonable for both you and the dealer.  it's a negotiation - if they don't like your offer, and aren't willing to meet you with an offer that you are happy with, then walk away.  if it's possible for you to wait until you can pay for the car at once (no financing, no payment plan), that will give you extra leverage.  buying a car the first day you go out shopping is usually never a great idea.
    IMG_8355
  • imageLibberDuck:

imagehetachu:

Do you mind if I ask why you're getting ride of your Forester?  We will be looking for a new family car in the next year or two, and I love Subarus.  My DH used to have a WRX when he first got out of the Army and it was so much fun to drive.  Now, I know that it will be different from a Forester, but we really like Subarus in general and I would LOVE a Tribeca (you know, one of the ones with the option 3rd row seats).  I doubt we will be able to afford a Tribeca, but I think the Foresters are nice, or an Outback wagon.  Have you had problems with yours?  

if they could make a TriBeCa with automatic doors it would be my dream car! Just wanted to say my mom is a huge Forster fan and she's never had any problems with Hera-she absolutely loves those cars. The new models (hers is 2009 or 2010 I think) are very roomy! If dh didn't drive a pickup I would've gotten a forester
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"