LGBT Parenting

NYE Plans

Anyone doing anything fun? Different? What do you have going on this weekend?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NYE Plans

• I have no idea what we are doing tonight. I was planning on working a bit late since I've gotten in late and left early the last 2 days to get the kids to/from camp. But it is very quiet around here, so I might just leave on time. We'd talked about going out to dinner, but I don't know if we'll do that.

Tomorrow - no clue what we are doing during the morning. The kids will take a nap since we are surprising them with a trip to  Medieval Times (the dinner/jousting show) for NYE. The kids will be in bed by 9ish and then we'll hang out and I will try to stay awake to see the ball drop (no promises there!)

Sunday - a friend and her son are coming over at some point so the kids can play and the adults can hang out.

Monday - No idea. Get ready for the week. Go grocery shopping for the kids lunches.

Somewhere in there, L has to tie up some loose ends on her first 3 chapters so she can submit them on Wednesday and I promised her I would cross check her references. Oh, and I want to go through the kids' toys to make room for the new toys. :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Tonight - finish some Christmas shopping.  Unpack from vacation.

Saturday - we are taking BT*T to a local kids science museum that is having a Noon's Years Eve celebration during the day.  Then we'll drop her off with a friend for the night so K and I can catch a comedy show and go out to a nice dinner.  We have 10:30pm dinner reservations - it's been forever(!!) since we've had a late night, adult meal.

Sunday - we'll stumble over to our friend's house to pick up BT*T, where we'll all have breakfast and hang out for a bit.  Then it will be a lazy day of nothing.

Monday - putting away Christmas decorations, cleaning, and most likely K will go somewhere to work on her dissertation. 

• Loading the player...
  • We're having our neighbors (the couple who lives in the other half of our row house) over tomorrow night, just to hang out and watch the coverage on TV. Having some Champagne and appetizers, nothing fancy, but it should be fun.

Sunday I am planning to sleep in, lay in bed reading books, and maybe pack up the Christmas decorations. I'll probably leave the tree and lights in our living room until the needles start to drop off though. I love having a yummy-smelling indoor tree, so I just take the Christmas stuff off and start calling it the January tree. Our tree skirt is plain silver, so it works ;) Sunday evening we're going on a dinner-and-movie date, yay!

On Monday I'll work on the many things one needs to work on when one is expecting twins and planning a 3,000-mile move and a job search at the same time. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Today-Shopping with holiday gift cards....YAY!!!

NYE-  We were invited to a game night/dinner at a friends house with two other lesbian couples.  Two of the three couples are TTC so it will be a sober evening but we always have fun with these ladies.  They are by far our "chosen" family.

NYD- Football sunday, grocery shopping, and enjoying one of the last days of break.  I also need to plan the dat with my baby bro so he can show off his "My big sister kicked my butt in fantasy football this season" old lady dress.  I cannot wait for this outing his wife agreed to do his makeup. LOL

We had three BFN in the Fall of 2011. It is back on to some baby making come June. Swim little fellas, SWIM!!!!
  • I am bumping from home this morning from the tablet my parents got me for my combo birthday/Christmas gift. Wheeee.

I took today off to work on projects at home. Good thing since I have to have a window replaced in my car because it was broken into Wednesday night when I was at happy hour with a friend. Grrrrr. At least the glass place does mobile replacement, so they are coming to my house this afternoon and I can continue doing my projects. E goes to her dad's for the weekend.

A friend asked me to come to a nye event at a place near her house with her and her gf and her gf's teen/pre-teen kids. Tix are $60 and I just dunno if being around a bunch of couples/families when E is not with me and there's no special lady in my life is really my idea of a good time. I had already set my mind on having a quiet night home alone. At this point I'm leaning toward staying home, but we'll see. 

Hopefully Sunday will be sleeping in. The rest of the weekend will likely be chores and errands and prepping for the upcoming week. Monday is a holiday for us, so it will be nice to have another long stretch at home. 

• my parents are taking the boy for a sleepover on Saturday night. we're going to stop by my SIL's house for a little bit and then head to a friend's house for a party, although given the attendees it should be pretty low-key--lots of hanging out chatting (and probably drinking), but not a lot of craziness. we're going to spend the night so we don't have to worry about drinking and driving (or other people drinking and driving!) which will be nice. I'm not sure what our plans are for Sunday, my parents said they have no plans and would love to keep him as long as we want so there's no rush. I'm guessing we'll sleep in.
  • Tomorrow morning we are meeting my SIL and neice for a playdate. Home for naps, then off to First Night celebrations in the capital. Fireworks at 6pm then we'll head home, get the kids in bed, and probably be fast asleep ourselves by 10 Stick out tongue

Sunday TBD. hang out in our pjs?

Monday I'm home with the kids while DW works.  My dad and brother are going to take Sprout to his first hockey game!

• We are driving to AZ tonight to go the Fiesta Bowl. My alma mater, Oklahoma State is playing (#3 in the nation)!!!

We are driving tonight and tomorrow. Then doing the Fiesta Bowl NYE block party. Sunday we are hanging out with the OSU alumni association at their party place. Monday is the HUGE tailgating party and game. Drive back tuesday.

Can.not.wait.

Mommies to 5 fur babies!
    TTC#1 since 2004
    LGBT
    4 cycles @ home with known donor - BFN
    RE un-medicated IUI cycles # 1-7= BFN
    NEW RE Clomid 50mg/ Ovidrel/ IUI #8 BFN
    Took long break
    Nov 2009 - Clomid 50mg/ Ovidrel/IUI #9 = BFP
    Beta 12/4 - 10...Beta #2 12/7- 28 Beta #3 12/9 - 80!
    1st sonogram 12/28 - slow hb and growth
    m/c 1/1/2010 Courtland 8w0d
    Nov 2010 cycle cancelled - polyp removal/hysteroscopy
    April 4 2011 - IUI #10 BFFN
    July 5, 2011 - #11 BFFN AMH .62 Boo
  • Tonight it is just me and the little lady.  DW is out with a friend.  I am going to try to do our year in review blog post and since I blogged I think 12 times in 2011 I guess it will be the first time to hear any of this for my readers!  I also would like to start working on a project for my dad's bday and also a photo book for the year.  I think I am being a bit optimistic though! My bet is I play on my iphone most of the time!

Saturday I need to pick up my car in the am.  Then we are going to head in the city to meet up with a women I met through the private preemie board I am on.  She is from FL and I am looking forward to meeting her.  In the afternoon after nap my friend is coming over with her son to hang out and do toddler new years which equates to dinner and it being over at about 7!  DW and I will chill and might make it up to midnight but I doubt it.

Sunday we have two open houses to attend.  One is at a terrible time for E's nap but I have not seen this couple since E was born and I want to make an effort.  The other is a couple we met at family week in p-town this summer and I am looking forward to seeing them again.

Monday we are both home on our last day of vacation.  I want to check out a play space in the area.  Other than that just trying to get myself ready to go back to work after a week off.  How many days until Feb break??????

• Today- N slept 8 hours last night woo-hoo!! And then was up from 4am on... So k took over at 7 am and I slept in. Normally I don't sleep because 7am is his best time of day and I don't like missing it so normally we all lay in bed, talking and laughing until his morning nap but being up from 4 am was too much so k got up with him and I slept. Ahhh bliss. Today we are picking up my sisters dog to watch her for the night while my brother in law goes up north to visit my sister who was accepted to a month long, intensive Shakespeare workshop.  

Tonight- we had plans for dinner with mrs. F and family but H has a cold and N is still congested so we postponed :( so we are going to make fancy apps and hang out with our baby boy and will probably be in bed by 10.

Sunday- football!

Monday- no plans. Ks last day of vacation so lounging... Exactly what we have done for the last 12 days :) 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"