3rd Trimester

Induction Scheduled

On Wednesday I had an appointment for an ultrasound and a non stress test. The ultrasound came back with them estimated that baby is 9.2 pounds. They also found at my appointment the previous day that I'm 4 centimeters dialted. (they didn't say anything about being effaced just that I was in a good position for an induction) so with finding that baby is probably a very big little girl they scheduled me for an induction on Monday...at this point I am getting very nervous! You always hear the bad stories about inductions and to be honest the thought of having a C-Section scares the crap out of me...but I want to meet my little girl. Leaves me feeling very very torn! 

Re: Induction Scheduled

• Being past 40w and 4cm, I think you'll have a successful induction. You can always try natural induction methods this weekend in hopes of helping your body more prepared. Good luck!!
  • I was induced with my son and everything went great!  No c-section and it was a relief to know when we would be in the hospital.

T & P for an easy delivery :)

live*love*laugh
  • Loading the player...
  • We already tried a few of the natural induction methods but maybe I will have to try them again :) 

Thanks for the encouraging words!!  

• Just an fyi...growth u/s's are notoriously off. My ob said + or - 2 lbs, but I've only heard of them being estimated high. My daughter was estimated at over 10lbs and came out 8lbs 12 oz the next day. My ob didn't tell me how inaccurate they were until after he scared me into a c/s and the u/s tech told me she was never off by more than an ounce or two. Not sure if that was a blatant lie or she just doesn't get the information when a baby is born so soon after the u/s.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Keegan Patrick - Bilateral Clubfeet found at Anatomy Scan. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker www.facebook.com/portraitave

• imageAngByb:

We already tried a few of the natural induction methods but maybe I will have to try them again :) 

Thanks for the encouraging words!!  

Hi, My induction is scheduled for Tuesday. What natural induction methods did you try? I tried the exercise ball, tea, sex, and nothing so far.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sex, lots of walking, spicy food (didn't think that one would work but it tasted good so that's an upside!), and the tea. I wish I had an exercise ball!  

Thanks, I did know that the ultrasound can be way off but it still makes me a little nervous!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"