June 2011 Moms

NBR: Babysitting vent

A friend of ours texts us last night to see if we can watch his daughter today. I really did not want to, DH and I wanted to go and look at a house we have been eying and I wanted to run some errands. I really didn't want to have to do those things with a 4 year old tagging along. Well come to find out we are are his last option. I finally cave and say yes. Well then he starts fighting me on it. I was like I said "yes", if you have other options then go with those, quit fighting me about it. He said "you don't have to, I know you have your own lives". I just told him "if you have no other options then it's fine and I can". Finally I just said "I am saying I can, but the decision is up to you". Then I never hear back from him. At 5:45 this morning I recieve a text saying that he will be dropping her off this morning. Really??? I guess he fell asleep (it was 11pm when this dicussion was finally ending, we had been waiting to hear from others).

Then, she gets here and has been here about 30 minutes and tells me she is hungry. I mean, who doesn't feed thier child before dropping them off with a sitter. I am perfectly fine with feeding her. It's just common courtesy to feed your child before leaving them if it is a meal time. Just one less thing for the sitter to deal with.

If he wasn't one of our best friends and I didn't love his little girl to death then I would have just said no, but I feel so bad when he is in this position. This girl's mother is no count, so he is basically a single dad. I just wish he was more considerate about it sometimes.

Sorry, vent over, just needed to get that off my chest.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NBR: Babysitting vent

• Well bless you for being in their lives!!  I married a single dad. Before he and I got together, my DH was often in tough spots when it was his parenting time. He has a big family, but not very supportive back then.  I do know that men just don't think out the details like women.  Men's brains are like waffles. All of their tasks happen in one box at a time. Women are spaghetti brains. Our entire day flows into everything other portion of the day.  I am sure your friend was just in his "box" so to speak.  He is lucky to have you. So chin up and enjoy your day with those precious girls! Happy New Year!!
  • imagehajski:
    Well bless you for being in their lives!!  I married a single dad. Before he and I got together, my DH was often in tough spots when it was his parenting time. He has a big family, but not very supportive back then.  I do know that men just don't think out the details like women.  Men's brains are like waffles. All of their tasks happen in one box at a time. Women are spaghetti brains. Our entire day flows into everything other portion of the day.  I am sure your friend was just in his "box" so to speak.  He is lucky to have you. So chin up and enjoy your day with those precious girls! Happy New Year!!

This.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"