Parenting
Options

I have to brag about DS.

Since the cessation of the Potty Wars, he's become a completely different kid.

Sure, he's typically 5 and has the mouth, temper and attitude to go with it, but so many of his issues have disappeared. He's gotten very polite, even at home. He's a much better listener. He's gotten much more independent about just doing 'things' in general. He's not a pain in the azz at stores-- he listens and the begging has decreased.

More importantly, he's not needing 45 min of 'snuggles' before he falls asleep every night and we're not waking up with him in our bed 9 mornings out of 10. He goes to bed at 8ish and sleeps until 7-7:15. He hasn't had a night terror since he's been fully trained.

The potty was SUCH a stressor for him. Not only was it the usual control thing, but he had to overcome the fear instilled in him by that biitch of a preschool teacher last year. It took 10.5 months, but he did it.

Proud mama.

AKA KnittyB*tch
DS - December 2006
DD - December 2008

imageimage

Re: I have to brag about DS.

• Options

that's great!

Christmas 2009 image
  • Options
    That's wonderful!  I hope my 4 year old has a similar breakthrough sometime soon.  That kid is so high maintenance.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That is really great to hear.  I'm glad things have improved.  :)
  • Options
    The best part is that he now says "I love school. Is today a school day?" instead of kicking and screaming and not wanting to go. I was REALLY worried that he had too bad an experience and would hate school forever. That would be kind of a bummer.
    AKA KnittyB*tch
    DS - December 2006
    DD - December 2008

imageimage
  • Options

That's great!

I'm enjoying 5 as well. G is so helpful now, I love it!

DD1 12.18.06 DD2 9.18.08 DD3 EDD 5.10.2012 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Yay! You should be one proud mama!

Totally being nosey, but what happened with the preschool teacher that was so bad? I think it was during my nest break a while ago.

Rebecca- mom to 3 kids: DS born 2005, DD born 2007 and DS born 2010.
  • Options

I made an extremely bad choice of preschools for DS. The teacher basically used M as a scapegoat for everything and humiliated him when he had potty accidents.

The last straw was when he was laying on the floor of the entry, not wanting to go in and she grabbed his face and turned it toward her and barked orders at him.. in front of me. If she was enough of a tyrant to do that in front of his parent, WTF was she doing to my son when no one was around but the helper mom? I heard a couple of stories that I did NOT like.

I am actually going to report her to Jobs & Family now that I have calmed down enough. From the rumors I hear, there's another kid who is her whipping boy. She should not be in this business any more. She's a tyrant.

AKA KnittyB*tch
    DS - December 2006
    DD - December 2008

imageimage
  • Options
    Omg, what a horrible teacher. That is the opposite of 'preschool teacher.'
  • Options
    I am going to do everything in my power to make sure that she loses her job. If that does not happen, she will have the county inspectors up her butt on a regular basis.
    AKA KnittyB*tch
    DS - December 2006
    DD - December 2008

imageimage
  • Options
    imageAnnapolisLari:

The last straw was when he was laying on the floor of the entry, not wanting to go in and she grabbed his face and turned it toward her and barked orders at him..

Huh?  That is so horrible, I'm so sorry that happened to him. Stuff like that can be so damaging to children and make them fearful for awhile, ugh! She should NOT be working with children.

But wooohooo for him, and that he's doing so good now. That's great!

E+C
    (+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
    TTC
  • Options

Wow Lari, that is awful.  I am so sorry your DS went through that (and you too)! No wonder he was scared of pt.  I am gald to hear that you are reporting her.  I used to teach preschool, and would never, ever have done that stuff.  Pee and poop accidents are just part of the job- I would never have made a kid feel bad about it.

So glad he is doing well now.  Kids are so resilient! Here is to a great 2012!

Rebecca- mom to 3 kids: DS born 2005, DD born 2007 and DS born 2010.
  • Options

Very cool. :)

As I've posted about before, I'm waiting for Nora to cool her jets any day now, but I know that time will come sooner or later. 

Nora Judith 7/2/06 Miles Chauncey 4/20/09 born with Trisomy 21 - Down syndrome
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"