Success after IF
Options

Normal teething or should I be worried?

Boodle has been sleeping worse and worse every night this week. Up for 2+ hours crying, waking more each night (7 times last night, and several of them took over an hour to get her back asleep). Tonight she fell asleep early (at 7:30), woke up 20 minutes later and screamed hysterically for about an hour, including when I tried picking her up/rocking her, until she finally just fell back asleep but only after losing her voice from crying so hard. At one point I had to just leave her to cry for a couple minutes because my back hurt so badly from bending over to rub her face/back in the crib and hold her paci in (she wasn't any better when I picked her up so I didn't do so again), even though I am not at all a fan of CIO (admittedly this wasn't CIO since it was just a few minutes so I could get a minute of relief and not get too frustrated).

She also has a very runny/stuffy nose, but no fever.

Toodle never teethed like this so I'm not familiar with it, but she definitely has a tooth coming in. However, she has a tooth that's completely in already and it never affected her this way. Should I assume this is teething, or something worse? I keep seeing people on FB mention their babies having RSV and it's freaking me out. Until this week, she has STTN most nights since about 3 weeks old and even when she woke, would go back to sleep almost immediately if I gave her a paci and jiggled her butt for a minute. I'm fine if she doesn't STTN anymore but I just worry that there is something really wrong if she is screaming like this (and this is AFTER she has had tylenol, and she had motrin last night which didn't really help).

Of course it doesn't help that I've had about 3 hours of sleep each night this week, had to get up at 4 am the one day she slept late because I took my sister to the airport, and have a terrible sinus infection and double eye infection.

*** It's funny because I'm fat ***

Re: Normal teething or should I be worried?

• Options

Poor boodle & poor mama, too. It sounds like a combination of teeth & not feeling well to me. Motrin always worked much better for us, but I think that varies from baby to baby. My only other thought is her ears - teeth & congestion seem like the perfect setup for an infection :/

Hope you all get some rest & feel better soon. We all have a cold here too & I am totally nervous about rsv. Also had an eye infection last month & it was the most sucky thing I've been through in awhile.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC since Dec '04 Severe MFI-diagnosed 12/06 3 failed Fresh IVFs FET #1 - BFP!! 2 blasts tx on day 6. Beta #1 8dp6dt = 56, Beta #2 = 600, Beta #3 = 5600 My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

My money is on an ear infection.  Snotty noses are almost always ear infections at my house...

I'd give her some Motrin and try to get her into the pedi when you can to get her ears checked. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagedana316:

My money is on an ear infection.  Snotty noses are almost always ear infections at my house...

I'd give her some Motrin and try to get her into the pedi when you can to get her ears checked. 

I agree with Dana.

I hope sweet Boodle starts feeling better soon and I hope you can get a decent amount of sleep!

For DD - IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP / For DS - dIUI #1 - BFP Dx:severe MFI-Y Chromosome Microdeletion Isabel born 10-15-08! / Baby Boy EDD July 2013 imageLily  pie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Aw, hon, I'm so sorry for both of you!  

I totally agree with the others. In our house hysterical screaming like you described is almost always teeth plus ear infection.

Fwiw, nothing you wrote says RSV to me. When D had it he was pathetic and (the main symptom was) wheezy - but not in "pain." I wouldn't worry about RSV unless she struggles to breathe...  But I would still make a trip to the pedi.

Hamg in there mama, hope it gets better soon!!! 

• Options
    Ps the only thing that even remotely helps my LOs is to try to stay ahead of the pain - dose as often as we can and keep it in them, even if that means setting the alarm in the middle of the night.  If the pain med totally wears off...  We're screwed!
  • Options
    Aw :( I'm so sorry and I hope she feels better very soon! Poor Boodle and poor momma.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    When DS got his top teeth at 6 months, I had some of my worst days as a mom. They were the worst teeth he got (top front). My DH was gone for two weeks for work and I nearly lost my mind because DS cried so much. I had to call a friend to come over and give me some relief because I couldn't even put DS down for naps or bedtime. And he woke countless times at night. Sadly, it's one of the most vivid memories of DS's infancy for me. I share this all to say your situation sounds similar, and normal. I hope it passes quickly!
    After 7 failed IUIs, IVF w/ ICSI worked!!

I am thankful every day for my miracle after infertility.

And thrilled to be pregnant again after FET!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"