Babies: 9 - 12 Months

How can I get my baby to stop biting?!?! =(

Any other moms have babies who are biting them? My 11 month old has started biting me and my husband. He is not doing it to be mean, he does it when he is crusing around the couch and sees one of us sitting there. Or, when we are standing near him, he'll try to bite our toes...Or, even if we're holding him; I think he thinks he's being sweet sometimes?? I don't know. Basically, he is biting ALL THE TIME. When he does it, we have been saying, "no, no, we don't bite." And then we redirect him by giving him a teething toy or something. Does anyone have any other tips to get him to stop biting? Is this a phase all babies go through? I thought most kids go through this phase, but I thought 11 months was way too early!

Thoughts? Thanks!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: How can I get my baby to stop biting?!?! =(

• I use to say "no, don't bite" very nicely but it never worked.   I had to say it more in a stern voice and she stopped.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LO has been biting me hard enough to draw blood (she has 7 sharp little teeth already!), and obviously she doesn't understand "no" or "ow", if anything she gets more excited when I react.  This is probably going to be super flame-worthy, but I've been giving her forearm a little (very little) pinch when she does it, with a firm "no".  It's not enough to hurt her, but it startles her, and she's been biting less and less. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagechary412:
    LO has been biting me hard enough to draw blood (she has 7 sharp little teeth already!), and obviously she doesn't understand "no" or "ow", if anything she gets more excited when I react.  This is probably going to be super flame-worthy, but I've been giving her forearm a little (very little) pinch when she does it, with a firm "no".  It's not enough to hurt her, but it startles her, and she's been biting less and less. 

I do the same thing, and people can flame all they want. My DS has 11 teeth in and he bites HARD. While I am working on art at my art table in my bedroom he will walk up and stand between my legs and say "hi" (not literally  lol) and then out of no where one day he just hawls off and bites my rather large baby bump. I actually screamed out in pain one time because I wasn't expecting it. He left teeth marks and everything. =(

He only does it to me when you are sitting up and he walks up inbetween your legs. It's weird because it's not a "pick me up" or anything like that to get attention he just does it. He likes to pull on my dresses and stuff too and bite the end of it if he's in his walker while I am in the kitchen as well. I keep saying no but that wasn't doing anything.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    By lilenatalem at 2012-01-28 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"