Babies on the Brain
Options

Russell Brand files for divorce

Okay, not for nothin', but I totally saw this coming after I watched Diane Sawyer's interview with Katy Perry and the topic of her marriage came up. Katy had the big fake smile on her face and her answers about Russell seemed so canned and fake. She's obviously a terrible liar. I even said something about it to dh! Did anyone else see that interview?

No real point here. Just wanted to proclaim my satisfaction in being right, unfortunately at the expense of someone else's marriage, but that's not my fault Stick out tongue
July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Re: Russell Brand files for divorce

• Options
    Yes! Now I have a chance with him! Jk...sorta...I love Russell Brand. Did they give a reason for the divorce? Now I'm curious. I can't stand Katy Perry, I find her beyond obnoxious and over the top but not in a good way.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagedanlexi04:
    Yes! Now I have a chance with him! Jk...sorta...I love Russell Brand. Did they give a reason for the divorce? Now I'm curious. I can't stand Katy Perry, I find her beyond obnoxious and over the top but not in a good way.

He filed stating irreconcilable differences. I saw on another board that there's a rumor that he filed without telling her but not sure if that's true.

I'm not too surprised by this. I'm not a huge fan of his but I think he's ok but I really cannot stand her. So more power to him, lol.

imageVisit The Nest! image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagekayash:

imagedanlexi04:

He filed stating irreconcilable differences. I saw on another board that there's a rumor that he filed without telling her but not sure if that's true.

I wonder if maybe him being a recovering addict and her being a bit of a party girl (not LiLo or anything, but you know, she's exuberant) was just causing too much strain. I can see how him sitting at home with their cats watching teli might get old if she was out all the time at after-parties. That being said, all those baby rumors lately might have dredged up something they hadn't discussed enough before tying the knot. I can definitely see how if one of them wanted to start a family and the other didn't (yet/ever), it could start to be a problem when the press decided to splash her abdomen all over the papers. 

I think he's pretty awesome, so I feel bad that his marriage is going downhill. They seemed to be good for one another (both weird, it worked), but I go off of tabloids, so that means shiit-all.  

Not telling her does fit the personality he seems to have. If he was pissed to the point of filing, I can see him just going and doing it and not worrying about whether or not she had anything to say about it.

Contemplating the snow.
    Mes Petit Choux
    imageimageimage
    I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then. ~ Alice

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagerebus82:
    imagekayash:

imagedanlexi04:

I wonder if maybe him being a recovering addict and her being a bit of a party girl (not LiLo or anything, but you know, she's exuberant) was just causing too much strain. I can see how him sitting at home with their cats watching teli might get old if she was out all the time at after-parties. That being said, all those baby rumors lately might have dredged up something they hadn't discussed enough before tying the knot. I can definitely see how if one of them wanted to start a family and the other didn't (yet/ever), it could start to be a problem when the press decided to splash her abdomen all over the papers. 

I think he's pretty awesome, so I feel bad that his marriage is going downhill. They seemed to be good for one another (both weird, it worked), but I go off of tabloids, so that means shiit-all.  

Not telling her does fit the personality he seems to have. If he was pissed to the point of filing, I can see him just going and doing it and not worrying about whether or not she had anything to say about it.

I totally agree about her partying vs him being sober now. He's been pretty open about that and I think she's very obviously into going out and partying.

I also sort of wonder if maybe he was wanting a family and she wasn't? He's a little older, isn't he? Plus I feel like maybe his career has cooled off a bit (his last few movies haven't done all that well) while her career is pretty hot (unfortunately). So I could see her not wanting to slow down a little and make time for a family. I have no idea of course, just a thought.

imageVisit The Nest! image
  • Options
    I read on TMZ and People that she had no idea that he was going to file.  Its always sad when a marriage falls, but unfortunatly its not a new thing for these younger A listers to get married and divorce quick.  They were married just over a year.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagecowgirltu:
    I read on TMZ and People that she had no idea that he was going to file.  Its always sad when a marriage falls, but unfortunatly its not a new thing for these younger A listers to get married and divorce quick.  They were married just over a year.
    She may have been caught by surprise with the papers, but she knew things weren't good. See if you can find the Diane Sawyer clip and you'll see what I mean.
    July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

• Options

imagecowgirltu:

As "reliable" a source as TMZ may be, they just posted that Katy wanted him to file to avoid upsetting her uber religious family. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"