Stay at Home Moms

We're going to miss out on our dream home!

We found our perfect forever home, in our dream area, and want to buy it.  The only problem is, it's at the very top of our budget, and we haven't even listed our house yet (we plan to in 6-8 weeks, after renovations are complete).  So there's no way we can put an offer in anytime soon (the down payment will be close to 200k, which we don't have in savings without the sale of our house).  It's already been on the market for almost two months, so I'm just holding out hope that it still will be when we're (hopefully) ready to buy in Feb/March.  This is seriously painful.  The area in which we want to live doesn't ever have a ton of homes for sale, let alone our perfect home.  *sigh*
BabyFruit Ticker On our way to 3 under 4! DD1 1/22/09 DD2 7/16/10 Baby Boy Due This Summer!

Re: We're going to miss out on our dream home!

• Where are you? We just moved from North Arlington and had to sell our town home. I know we'll be kicking ourselves in a few years for selling it!
  • Falls Church, so right down the street!  :-)  We originally planned to keep this house and rent it out, but with baby #3 on the way, we need a bigger home sooner than expected.  
    BabyFruit Ticker On our way to 3 under 4! DD1 1/22/09 DD2 7/16/10 Baby Boy Due This Summer!
  • Loading the player...
  • Let this be a big lesson. Do not look seriously look for homes before you have a contract. Look around online, get an idea, but don't do it. Too much potential for heartbreak.
    Audrey Elizabeth 11-11-06 image
  • honestly- try not to sweat it. Before i bought this house- i had an offer on a different house and I was soooo bummed when we didn't get the deal- (there were four other bidders)- however... we found an even better house with an even better price tag.

So try to keep the big picture in mind. And remember the house is not TOTALLY out of the running yet- .... the price could even drop.

So keep it all in perspective.

Its so hard though. Buying a house is so emotional. I completely remember- and we bought this house 10yrs ago.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • It is emotional!  I keep telling myself I won't get too worked up about things like this, and then I do.  :-)  To make matters worse, I just noticed that the laundry room is on bedroom level.  That's my dream, and not so common around here.  
  • Do you have a rich relative that wants to loan you a down payment?  LOL

I agree with Stacy. If you miss this one then it wasn't meant to be and "your" house is out there!  A similar thing happened to us 2 yrs ago and I couldn't be happier in our house now! We drove by the "almost" house after moving in here and realized we didn't even love it as much as we thought. It's so emotional, but it will all work out in the end!  GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLynsiBHM:

Do you have a rich relative that wants to loan you a down payment?  LOL

I agree with Stacy. If you miss this one then it wasn't meant to be and "your" house is out there!  A similar thing happened to us 2 yrs ago and I couldn't be happier in our house now! We drove by the "almost" house after moving in here and realized we didn't even love it as much as we thought. It's so emotional, but it will all work out in the end!  GL!

I already somewhat jokingly asked DH if we should ask someone to loan us the money until we sell our house, and he looked at me like I had three heads.  You're right though, if it isn't meant to be, then another house is.  I'm glad you found your house!  :)

• imageRebekah1021:
    Let this be a big lesson. Do not look seriously look for homes before you have a contract. Look around online, get an idea, but don't do it. Too much potential for heartbreak.

Considering I check Redfin.com daily, I'm not sure this is possible for me.  LOL 

• imagebabypuplove:
    Falls Church, so right down the street!  :-)  We originally planned to keep this house and rent it out, but with baby #3 on the way, we need a bigger home sooner than expected.  

God, I am jealous! We had to move to Jacksonville, FL for my husband's job and we desperately miss Arlington and DC! 

• imageOually:

imagebabypuplove:
    Falls Church, so right down the street!  :-)  We originally planned to keep this house and rent it out, but with baby #3 on the way, we need a bigger home sooner than expected.  

God, I am jealous! We had to move to Jacksonville, FL for my husband's job and we desperately miss Arlington and DC! 

We do love this area, but I have to say I'm a little jealous of the weather in FL right now.  :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"