Babies: 9 - 12 Months

If your kid won't drink formula/BM from a sippy

how are you planning the transition to milk?

A will not drink formula from anything but a bottle. I tried an ounce of milk in a sippy the other day and he spit that out, too. Usually, he drinks no more than 4 oz of water from a sippy in an entire day. He's lazy and he likes to be able to lay back and guzzle rather than work for his liquids. I'm worried that we're either going to be on the bottle forever or that he'll be dehydrated since he won't take a lot of fluid from a sippy cup.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: If your kid won't drink formula/BM from a sippy

• I'm thinking that when I start introducing WM that I'll try it out in the sippy and not put it in a bottle. I hoping that my LO is just use to drinking formula from a bottle and that's why he won't drink it from a sippy. He loves to drink water from the sippy. This is my hope anyway ;-) We will see. I'm waiting until his 1 year old pedi appointment. 

ETA: grammar 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sorry missed part of you question...I plan mixing the formula and with 1oz WM and eventually work my way up to full WM. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My son is so so attached to his bottle. We are in the process of dropping to 2 bottles/day for WCM. I'm hoping that once we totally drop his mid day bottle, he will learn not to use the bottle for comfort so much. 

Yesterday was the first time he ever took milk from a sippy, and we used a Nuby cup that had a soft spout kind of like a nipple. He would only take a few oz from it but it was better than him launching his cup across the room which is what he does with his normal sippies that he gets water in.  

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • You dont have to do it all at once the minute they turn 12 months. Try different sippy cups and be patient with LO. He will not be taking a bottle in kindergarten, promise.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"