Babies: 6 - 9 Months

LO and reading

the pp got me thinking, does anybodies lo's tolerate reading time? i read to a everyday but she's just interested in eating the pages and pulling the book out of my hands to throw on the floor. I'm not giving up but just wanted to know if anyone else is in this boat

BabyFruit Ticker}

Re: LO and reading

• Oh we are totally in the same boat. Despite her doing this, I just continue to read. Then she gets some eating time (hard books)!
    TTC #1 April 2009 Dx with PCOS September 2009 TI w Clomid x3 = BFNs IUI w Clomid = BFN TI w Clomid = BFP! August 2010 We are blessed. TTC #2 TTC on our own August & September 2012 = BFN x 2 (so I thought) Appt w RE Oct 2012 and got a BFP that day! Thank you, Lord. Nov 23 7 week u/s - so far so good. Jan 3 12 week u/s - still going strong. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I just finished reading to LO before bed.    She doesn't listen to the book at all, just tries to grab the pages and eat them.   I want her to be used to hearing books, looking at pictures and being held.  One day she'll appreciate it.    And as pp said, we use a lot of board books.
    But three things remain: faith, hope and love; the greatest of these is love. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Just recently (maybe the past 2 weeks?) DD seems to "get" reading time. She still sometimes tries to eat the book, but now she looks at and touches the pages and turns them. I read to her before her nap and bedtime (as long as she's not overtired) when she's a little calmer. Sometimes when she first wakes up as well.

I also give her a cloth book while she is in the carseat, and she "reads" to herself, turning the pages, touching pictures and "talking" to them. It's soooo cute.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Picture114b Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Genevieve loves reading time!  She squeals and smiles during board book time and usually tries to help me turn the pages.  She also loves to chow down on them when given the chance.

At night, I read to her and her big sis out loud from chapter books.  If she gets too grabby, I often swaddle her or give her something else to chew on.  DH reads to her while she is in her swing or highchair so he can keep a little distance between them. 

Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • My LO loves turning the pages--usually skipping most of the book in the process. For Hanukkah, my parents gave her a book a night--and she LOVES crawling to and flipping through books. However, she isn't a cuddly infant, and would rather looking at the books sitting on the floor or on her terms :) 
    My daughter is my hero.
  • Mason LOVES his books! We are big fans of Touch and Feel books. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"