Breastfeeding

EP ladies- how often do you pump?

Im trying to get a stach going but its not working in my favor. 

How often do you pump? How much do you get each pump session?

Im getting about 4oz between both and pumping every few hours.  

** Highschool Sweethearts ** 
Married: February 14, 2009

MC: June 6 2010 @ 18 weeks
DS: December 19, 2011
MC: October 2, 2015 @ 14 weeks

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: EP ladies- how often do you pump?

• First of all, 4 oz is a good amount if you are pumping every few hours.  I pump as often as DS eats.  He eats every 3-4 hours, so that is when I pump.  I get anywhere from 2.5oz-4oz each time (around 21oz a day).  The only way I am able to build up a supply is by supplementing a little bit with formula.  I know it's not everyone's way of doing it, but I would rather add a little formula in order to build up a stash. 

By adding an extra pumping session you can really help your stash, but I am just afraid I will burn myself out so I am sticking with my plan :)

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm EP'ing now that I've been back to work for 3 mths and DD has taken favor to the bottle. I pump at 5am, 9am, 12pm, 3pm and 7.30pm - but my DD nursed for 8 weeks so I had a good supply established. I get about 32-40 ounces daily...with a huge dip during my period...

If you are trying to increase your supply I'd recommend pumping every 2 hrs for a couple of days and doing breast compressions. It also seems that if I manually express a bit of milk pumping is a heck of a lot faster...

• Loading the player...
  • 8x a day...averaging 30oz per day. LO eats about 24/day so I have a little stash. I go back to work in about 3 weeks and will cut a night session then.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"