Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

My d&c was today :(

We said goodbye to our angel baby today. My d &c went well, I was crying pretty much from the moment I checked in until the moment they put me under. I was the worst when they wheeled me into the or, but then obviously dont rememember much after that. In recovery, the nurse told me how she lost a child in childbirth and went on to have healthy twins. She just kept telling me to trust in god and keep the faith. Another nurse shared with me that she lost twins at 4 months and went on to have 3 healthy children. I swear they gave me certain nurses so they could share their stories. Everyone was so kind and kept telling my husband and I how sorry they were. I am glad it is over and ready to start the new year. I already miss my baby so much, there is an empty feeling right now as I look down at my "flat" tummy. My husband said, " They put you back together today." I said "no they took my baby from me today and now I am empty" we started to cry but are trying to be hopeful and will try again as soon as we are able.

As far as recovery, I am having little cramping and some bleeding. I will have a follow up in 2 weeks. I wanted to have testing on the remains but the doctor advised against it. He didnt think they would find anything, not sure how I feel about that. I want answers, but not sure ill ever get them. ugh...what a terrible experience to go through ladies, Im sorry for all of us and our hubbys. :(  

thanks for listening! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My d&c was today :(

• I'm glad you had nice nurses with you during your procedure.  Wishing you lots of comfort as you heal, physically and emotionally.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP#1 - 11/13/11, Natural MC - 12/24/11 at 12 weeks
    BFP#2 - 10/2/12, Please be our rainbow.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm so sorry you had to go through this today. It seemed like all my nurses were the same. Even my Dr told me she mc at my f/u. Here's to a New Year.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • So sorry! Praying for a smooth recovery. 

I know what you mean about the nurses... Both nurses I had two different times I went to the ER told me they had miscarried. You think it will never happen to you and yet here we are. The empty feeling was definitely the worst and it will probably come and go the next few days. Hugs to you and hoping you can find comfort soon.

• I had a D & C for my first baby on the 28th.  I had a really good nurse too.  She told me about her miscarriage and answered all my questions.  But I still don't know how I will ever get over this.  Does anyone else feel so angry and jealous of all the people who get beautiful, healthy babies without going through all the trauma of a miscarriage?  I have 5 nieces and nephews under the age of three and watching them play makes my heart ache.  I told my 3-year-old niece on Christmas Eve and let her tell everyone else in the family (she doesn't understand the concept of a secret AT ALL).  Now I wonder how my sister will explain a miscarriage to a three-year-old.
  • I'm so happy to hear everything went well and you can now put the physical pain behind you (for the most part).  It is so nice to have nice nurses with you during that time.  **Hugs**
  • ((HUGS)) glad to hear your d&c went well. were all hear to always listen!
    BFP #1 - 10/10/11, 1st U/S 12/5/11 @ 8w, BO discovered, d&c 12/9/11. HCG @ 0 - 1/4/11.
    BFP #2 - 04/04/12, 1st Beta @ 9DPO 19, 2nd Beta @ 13 DPO 168. 1st u/s - 4/30/12 - we have a heartbeat!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    image * * PGAL/PAL/TTCAL Always Welcome! * *
  • I'm so sorry for your loss and glad you were comforted by an amazing nursing staff.

If its any consolation, I had testing done on my lo which came back inconclusive so still didn't get an answer. I think thats one of the harder parts to accept, that something so traumatic can have no answer.

Btw, I love your kitties 

Married My Love on 6/18/2006
    BFP#1 10/1/2011. Our perfect little girl, Her heart stopped @ 12w1d. D&E 11/23/11
    BFP#2 3/13/12 Weird CP/Possible EP @ 6w0d
    BFP#3 5/28/12 CP @ 5w0d
    BFP/WTF#4 10/26/12 CP
    BFP#5 12/10/12 EDD 8/23/2013
    <3 Baby Boy Born 8/22/13 <3
     photo ellie.gifPhotobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"