Parenting after a Loss
Options

Stressing out about eggs...

I don't know why I am so worried about this!  We give Jack most everything these days... Cheese, Meat, Bread, Noodles and spices.  I am just worried about eggs... I have no idea what the rules are.  Jack's Dr. said he can have noodles with eggs an an ingredient... but what about scrambled eggs.... or other things with eggs in it.   Anyone know what the rules are?
~Married- 10.20.2007~ TTC Since- 4.3.2009 ~BFP#1- 8.25.2009 ~ Missed M/C and D&C-10.9.2009 ~BFP#2-8.12.2010 ~ EDD- 4.20.2011~ It

Re: Stressing out about eggs...

• Options

This is what was on our visit summary for his 6m appt.:

It is time to begin solids if you have not done so. Introduce cereals, followed by vegetables, fruits, and juices. Meats can be introduced at 8 to 9 months. Remember two rules: introduce one new item every 3 to 5 days and use only single ingredient foods. Continue formula or breast milk until twelve months. Your infant will enjoy playing with finger foods such as crackers or cookies and you may also introduce the cup. The amount of milk intake may decrease, averaging 25 to 36 ounces of formula a day or 4 to 6 breastfeedings a day. Your baby knows how much he/she needs so there is no need to force him/her to eat. Middle of the night feedings no longer are needed. We recommend that no egg whites, citrus fruits or juices, honey, seafood, or peanut butter be given until twelve months.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We did BLW. So we didn't really follow food rules (except honey, haven't given her that). Scrambled eggs have been an absolute favorite for her since about 7 months. She would eat them at every meal if I would give them to her. She's always eaten the whole egg since day one of being offered one.
    BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageSonadora:
    We did BLW. So we didn't really follow food rules (except honey, haven't given her that). Scrambled eggs have been an absolute favorite for her since about 7 months. She would eat them at every meal if I would give them to her. She's always eaten the whole egg since day one of being offered one.

This. The only thing we didn't give was honey.  We still haven't done honey.  

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    DD's pedi told us no egg whites until 12m, and that's what we did. You can still scramble egg yolks, they usually need just a little liquid. I would add BM or even just a little water to them and they scrambled up just fine.
  • Options

I wasn't told to not give any food, except for honey (until 12 months).  But take that with a grain of salt because my kid is just now starting to eat table food.  I gave him scrambled egg at 9 months and he gagged.  My mom tried recently and he still gagged. 

Don't they ask about egg allergies when you get the flu shot?  If your LO has had a flu shot and not had a reaction, I would like eggs would be ok, but I'm no expert (not even close)!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Max loves scrambled eggs, omelets and hard boiled eggs (just the yokes when boiled).  I am just staying away from nuts, honey and shellfish for now. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Our pedi told us at 6 months that we were cleared for everything but WCM and honey.
    And a lot of research that I did said that infants who are given eggs for the first time AFTER 12 month have a 5 X higher chance of being allergic. It showed that between 6 and 12 months is the best time to introduce eggs.

now take this with a grain of salt because the third time K had eggs we ended up in the ER with a severe allergic reaction and we now have two epi pens with us at all times.

The silver lining is that when they did a blood test for allergies she was cleared for peanuts and shellfish. Only a high score on eggs. So peanut butter toast is now her favorite breakfast.
    Good Luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"