Trouble TTC
Options

What did you learn this year??

I made a blog post yesterday about thing things I learned this year.

So you tell me-

What did you learn this year??

They can be funny or random, serious or silly. Tell me what you learned!

photo dune-1-1.jpg
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: What did you learn this year??

• Options

I'm way stronger than I thought I ever was.

I also learned I can't make a good meatloaf even when following all the directions perfectly! 

I learned that my mom is for sure crazy cakes and since I'm an adult, I can love her but walk away from the broken relationship. My life (sadly) is better without her mess.

I learned how to organize.

I learned to not take no for an answer from insurance companies and my Dr.

I learned that it's ok to have weak days. Because within that weakness there is a very strong and courageous woman. I have an incredible husband who will hold me for hours while I lay in bed and cry. Then the next day I'm ready to take on the world.

And finally, I learned how to drink Whiskey Wink

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have learned to stand up for myself even if it angers or upsets others. I have learned to put myself and my family (DH, myself and our 3 cats) first.  
  • Options

I am still learning to let go of things- my house looks so much better with less stuff lying around. 

I learned that my husband can be the optimist sometimes, which takes the pressure off of me. 

Hahaha and not to be pissy, but I learned when someone says "Dont hate me..." I better turn on my fake smile because they are about to announce their pregnancy. Big Smile

"Even miracles take a little time"

• Options

One more thing I learned this year and I did share this fact with my wonderful MIL, even if we do not have children we are still a family and deserve respect!

• Options
    I learned that its OK to lean on others. I learned that it would take way more than two hands to count the number of people in my life who have given me unconditional support in so many ways. I learned that my future babies are already so loved and lucky.

"I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted what I asked of him." ~1 Samuel 1:27
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "Whatever it takes, we walk together." ~Pittsburgh Penguins
    My IF-turned-baby blog
  • Options

I learnt that I can knit / crochet and bake ... All very necessary motherly traits in my book ...

I learnt that despite thinking that I wouldn't be able to I can control a class of 30 students ...

I learnt that I should push my doctors harder and not be fobbed off I clearly know my own body ...

I learnt that I hurt more than I ever thought possible ...  

Married 2003 TTC - 2010 DX - complex hyperplasia with atypia, endometriosis & PCOS - Oct 2011 1st cycle Clomid - Nov '11 = BFN 2nd cycle Clomid - Dec '11 = BFN 3rd cycle Clomid - Jan '12 = BFN 4th cycle Clomid - Feb '12 = ?!?!?!
  • Options

I've learned that no matter how bad life sucks it can always get worse. I thought 3 failed IUI's sucked, than I thought a failed IVF sucked but than I had a failed FET and the day after I found out it failed I lost my job. After that I quit say "It can't get any worse".

I've also leared no matter how bad it gets there is alwasy hope that it can get better.

Love you girls! Praying 2012 is a better year for us all!

imageimage
    TTC Since 2/2009
    2/2010 - 5/2010 Testing with OBGYN
    8/2010 First RE Appointment
    11/2010 Second Opinion RE Appointment
    12/2010 Clomid + IUI #1 = BFN
    1/2011 Clomid + IUI #2 = BFN
    2/2011 Clomid + IUI #3 = BFN
    5/2011 IVF #1, ET 6/2, Beta 6/15 = BFN
    8/2011 FET ET 9/12 = BFN :0(
    On a break to save money.
    1/2012 IVF #2 ER 1/12, ET 1/15, Beta 1/27 = BFFN
    4/2012 FET ET ??/?? =
    p/saif welcome
  • Options
    imagebranmuffin2112:

I learned that my mom is for sure crazy cakes and since I'm an adult, I can love her but walk away from the broken relationship. My life (sadly) is better without her mess.

I learned how to organize.

I learned to not take no for an answer from insurance companies and my Dr.

I learned that it's ok to have weak days. Because within that weakness there is a very strong and courageous woman. I have an incredible husband who will hold me for hours while I lay in bed and cry. Then the next day I'm ready to take on the world.

And finally, I learned how to drink Whiskey Wink

You need to switch to bourbon ;) 

MFI, Lap on 7/21/11 - Stage III/IV Endo and Polyps removed by D&C
    IVF #1 with ICSI - ER 1/20 (16R, 12M, 10F), ET 1/23 (1-10 cell and 1-8cell transferred), BFP on 1/31 Beta #1 on 2/3 = 68, Beta #2 on 2/6 = 261 EDD 10/12/12  
    Baby girl born 9/22/12

FET #1 - 9/16/13 - BFN

IVF #2 - ER 11/11/13 (24R, 18M, 16F), ET 11/16 (2 Grade A blasts)
    BFP on 11/23 Beta #1 = 76 EDD 8/2/14

• Options

I learned that there are no "givens" in life. Just because you grow up thinking you'll grow up, go to college, get married, buy a house, and then have a baby, doesn't mean you will or can. All my plans have changed drastically and veered from what I thought was the "normal" way. As strong as I am, I never knew pain till this year, and that I am even stronger than I ever gave myself credit for.

I re-learned that my husband could not be any more perfect for me and really is my soul mate.

I learned the best way to get through a 2ww is to throw a big party, cook, simply enjoy what you already have, and make an effort at keeping friendships alive. IF should not completely ruin your relationships, they can often be the only way you can crawl out of that hole.

I learned insurance companies suck.

And finally, I have learned to be happy for others when they get exactly what they have been hoping for. It may sting at first, I may cry a bit, but it just makes me more hopeful that it'll happen to me. But, I can still loathe when people I don't like get pregnant and talk crap about them to my BFF.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I learned that taking one step at a time is ok- I usually like to go full throttle!

I learned to put my husband and myself first for once in my life. It feels good.

I learned that the people you least expect can be there for you and support you in a way you never imagined.

I learned some new emotions.

I learned to say no.

• Options

I learned there WILL be wind -- but we CAN control our sails.

BFP and baby dust to everyone in 2012! May we all get a Dragon Baby :)

Me: 31yrs old. In same/sex relationship for 12years
    I'm carrying & we are using anonymous donor sperm
    In March 2012 diagnosed with Diminished Ovarian Reserve (AMH = O.67) & IVF recommended

FET (2 5dt embryos) on 11/5/12= BFP! Beta #1=58; Beta #2=98, Beta #3=373. First u/s on 11/28/12 = 1 sac with fetal pole & heartbeat! Next u/s = 12/12/12

TTC History
    IVF#1 (Antagonist Protocol) Sept 2012 = BFN
    10R; 8F; 4 Day5 GradeA embryos. Put back 2, froze 2.
    12 IUIs (in 9 cycles) since March 2011:
    6 unmedicated/unmonitored = BFNs
    3 with Clomid/Trigger/monitoring/progesterone = BFNs
    "The Spirit of God moves over the formless void, over the darkness and deep, over the surface of the waters. When there is nothing...God is still there."

• Options

I learned through my sister that IVF does not always work. I always assumed it worked on the first try!

I learned that I can a 5K race after 3 weeks of training.

I learned that my sister is adopting from Russia.

I also learned that I like octopus and can make a delish sauce for DH's picky Italian Family?? 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I learned how to sew this year.  I also learned I can't make everyone happy and that it is ok.
  • Options

I learned that it shift work sucks....especially when I don't really see MH for 2 weeks out of the month.

I learned that I'm capable of taking care of everything around the house when MH was gone for 3 weeks this summer. 

• Options
    imageycristina84:

I learned that there are no "givens" in life. Just because you grow up thinking you'll grow up, go to college, get married, buy a house, and then have a baby, doesn't mean you will or can. All my plans have changed drastically and veered from what I thought was the "normal" way. As strong as I am, I never knew pain till this year, and that I am even stronger than I ever gave myself credit for.

I re-learned that my husband could not be any more perfect for me and really is my soul mate.

Ditto this.  I've also learned who I really trust and feel comfortable confiding in.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"