Multiples

How Did You Get Some Sleep??

I'm starting to get fed up, I think it's just because I'm so tired though.
My hips have been sore for a while, but it used to only be when I moved.
Now at night, when I am sleeping on my sides, I have to switch sides every 30 minutes or so because my hips just can't stand that position anymore. I'll have a pillow between my knees, under my belly and behind me, so pillows aren't working. And laying on my back just causes them to push on my diaphram and make it hard for me to breath.
It probably doesn't help that when I lay on my left side it's almost like A tries to lay on the bed itself haha.

I'm just wondering if this is what I am going to be expecting from here on out, or if there is something I am missing that I can do to help. Taking baths at night before bed does help for an hour or two.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How Did You Get Some Sleep??

• Ive been using a body pillow and taking some tylenol #3 to get to sleep. Without the tylenol my hips just get way too sore.
  • I loved my snoogle & a wedge. My OB gave me Ambien but honestly the Tylenol PM helped better. I still woke up about 6 times a night but was able to get back to sleep quicker & it did ease my pain some.

I also started going to the Chiro a few times a week & that helped a TON!!

PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome
    TTC #1 Since 3/2010 Diagnosed with POF
    6/2010-IVF #1 Cancelled after ER b/c 0 eggs recovered
    On to Donor Eggs
    9-30-10 IVF w/ DE begins & Donor started stims 10-4-10
    Donor ER 10-14-10 14 Fertilized Eggs ~ ET 10-17-10 (7 Frosties)
    IVF #1 11-18-10 M/C @ 7 Weeks~Stopped growing @ 5 Weeks
    FET #1 2-1-2011
    Beta #1 13dp3dt 2-14-2011~722
    Beta #2 15dp3dt 2-16-2011~1942
    1st U/S 3-3-2011~Twin Girls

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I was also really miserable around that time.  Tylenol PM sort of helped.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married 7/11/09 TTC #1 Since 05/10
    BFP #1 09/20/10 Natural m/c 10/05/10
    BFP! #2 04/21/11... Beta 16 DPO: 437, 18 DPO:1446 Ultrasound 6w6d TWINS!
    Annabel & Sophia Born 11/28/11 at 34w6d
    BFP #3 10/4/16... Beta 13 DPO: 145, 15 DPO: 367 12/1/16 It's a GIRL!

• You're not alone. It really sucks. Ditto what others said about Tylenol PM and a body pillow. I still wake up in pain, but it does help. Also, I don't like this one, but has helped me to get more sleep. I moved to our spare room so I could really stretch out on the bed, I was totally squishing my husband and I think I was so conscious of not disturbing him that I wasn't falling into a deep sleep.
    J - 9/6/09 L and A - 1/17/12
  • Having the same sleep issues.  I figured its just par for course till the end.   
  • Thanks for the Tylenol PM advice! 
  • Well thank you all very much for the advice, and I'm glad I'm not alone on this.
    I will have to go pick some Tylenol PM up for myself then. =]

Only a bit more to go!! Home stretch now!
  • This phase is just starting for me and I'm scared of what's to come.  I am keeping a heating pad plugged in next to my bed.  When my hips ache I turn it on low and lay on it.  It seems to be doing the trick for now.
    *** Sisterwife with JenniferLuvsCandy! can't wait to meet your LO!***
    ***Congrats to Kristin15172004 on your adorable baby girl!***
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you for posting about this!! We're a few days apart and I totally feel your pain!! I will be buying Tylenol PM tomorrow.  I have been sleeping in my glider because the rocking helps, the only draw back is my tailbone screams when I finally move to either the bed or the couch. My baby A does the same thing except he kicks his sister outta the way.  Good luck and hopefully we all will get some sleep soon. :)
    Matthew & Lillian 1/23/2012 It's TWINS!!!!! 1rst IVF May 2011 ER 5/30/11 ET 6/2/11 2 transfered #1 6/10/11 211 #2 6/13/11 880!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"