Two Under 2
Options

When did you move LO to toddler bed?

When DS was little, I was a single mom (from 18 months to 5 years old), and co-slept with him until I met my husband. He had a toddler bed but never slept in it :)

DD was in our bed until about 8 months, and then she couldn't sleep... She likes her own space. She's in a crib now, in her own room, and that works best for all of us. New baby girl will be in bed with us at first, I assume, but we will probably transition her to the crib around 6-9 months as well, but in our room. At 12 months I will put the girls together.

Anyway, how did you know LO was ready for the toddler bed? I'm thinking I should start transitioning well before LO #3 moves in with her...... Suggestions??

TIA :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: When did you move LO to toddler bed?

• Options
    We co-slept until about 17 months. During which time she'd take her naps in a pack and play. After she was able to climb out of the pack and play after waking from her naps, we decided she needed a bed of her own. So at 18 months she had one, just barely used it. We found a twin size worked much better, since she moves a lot in her sleep and kept rolling off.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DS2 is still in a crib. DS1 moved to his toddler bed right before his 3rd birthday. He slept great in his crib and didnt try to climb out. I figured if it wasnt broken then there was no need to fix it. At that age the transition to a bed was extremely easy. We just told him that if he got out a lot that he would have to go back into his crib. We have never had an issue with him getting out. I will probably move DS2 around his 3rd birthday too.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We switched DD's crib to the toddler setting at about 18 months. She loves it! We have a twin bed in her room that we're trying to transition her to now so the baby can have the crib, hopefully in a couple months!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ds1 went into a twin bed at 13.5 months and never had issues. Ds2 will go into a twin bed in February at 16 months. He will also be moving in with big brother. 
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Moved DS1 into the guest room on his 2nd bday into a queen size bed.  He had started to put his foot up on the top of the crib rail like he wanted to climb out and DS1 was 3 months old and ready to transition to the crib out of the bassinet.  it went great he loves the big bed.  He has bed rails on both sides cause he moves around all night.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We wanted to use our crib for baby number 2, so we transitioned to a bed (queen) at 15 months. DD took to it much faster (second night) than we anticipated. She of course figured out that she can get out, so our mornings are a little earlier. Instead of playing by herself for a half hour or so, as she did in the crib, she now comes to us! 

good luck! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"