Breastfeeding
Options

pumping bra

What are some good bra's for hands free pumping?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: pumping bra

• Options
    I've never done it, so I'm clearly not speaking from experience, but a I've seen women on here recommend cutting slits in an old sports bra to put the flanges through and using that. Sounds effective & cheap to me. 
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Options
    My Freestyle had adapters to most bras, but I used the medela and anita (I think?) bras.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just use my regular bra as a holder - once the suction is going I have no need for a handsfree pumping bra...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The Simple Wishes hands-free bra is great. I just got it for Christmas, but it is amazing. Adjustable so that you can get the right fit, and the elastic isn't too thin.

The Medela hands-free bra sucks, IMO. It stretched out after one use. I have to wash it in hot water and dry on high heat to shrink it back down, only to have it stretch out again after a use or 2. I should have bought a size down, but based on their chart I'm in the correct size.
  • Options

The Simple Wishes handsfree bra changed my life!  It makes pumping at work so much easier because it is really easy to use while staying fully dressed.  Plus, it is super adjustable and holds the flanges really tightly.  This is the way to go!

I tried the cut out sports bra trick and it was okay for at home occasional pumping, but I pretty much had to take my shirt off to pump.  Then the slits started stretching and didn't hold the flanges very tightly. It's worth the money to buy one.

Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"