Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

PRODUCT RECALL- BUGABOO BEE AND CAMELEON...

Just got an email from BRU/TRU about the recall of the Bugaboo Bee and the Bugaboo Cameleon plus Car Seat Adaptor plus Wheeled Board.

The Bugaboo Bee is being recalled due to the front wheels suddenly locking up which can cause the stroller to topple, thus causing a fall related injury to the stroller occupant. The recall has to do w/Bees that were sold nationwide from Feb 2011-Sep 2011.

The Bugaboo Cameleon is being recalled due to "...incorrect use of a car seat installed with these adapters on a Bugaboo Cameleon in combination with a Wheeled Board model 85500WB01 (on the market since August 2009) can cause a safety risk. If the car seat with adapters is installed on the Bugaboo Cameleon with the child facing the world, and not facing the parent, the release button of the car seat is exposed to the possibility of being hit by the Bugaboo wheeled board accessory, becoming disconnected from the adapter and potentially causing the car seat to fall."

For more info, you can find it on thier website, Bugaboo.com or serviceus@bugaboo.com.

Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: PRODUCT RECALL- BUGABOO BEE AND CAMELEON...

• Options
    thanks for posting this.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I spoke to the people at Bugaboo about this and I think the info is bad, not what you posted - but the way that it was written from the company.The Cameleon stroller was not recalled. The car seat adapter boxes are getting a new sticker on the box. NOTHING is being re-manufactured or pulled from shelves. Stores are simply adding a sticker to the box. It's like McDonalds with the hot coffee...bc you know if it doesn't say on it that it's hot - people won't know. People or maybe a person was using the car seat adapter incorrectly (completely not following the directions) when paired with the wheeled board. They were installing the seat facing OUT (ridiculous) even though it says to face it in on the instructions. And a kid on the Wheeled Board pressed the buttons and released his brother or sister. In my opinion, users fault.

The Bee received new wheels. All Bees got new wheels so they don't shake which I heard and read was a problem with a specific batch from 2011. New wheels were sent to stores to put on their existing Bees, including the Bees in the packaging or in warehouses.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"