February 2012 Moms
Options

So whats left to do?

We finished up, almost yesterday.....but this is what we have left.

Buy Mylicon

Pack hospital bag

Have CoSleeper delivered

Have baby...

Were almost there ladies!!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: So whats left to do?

• Options
    Holy cow, you are SO much more ready than I am! I still have to have my shower, buy everything I still need that I don't get for my shower, finish painting his dresser, put his entire nursery together, pack my hospital bag, get my carseat in my car and inspected, go on my hospital tour, pick a pediatrician, get my Tdap vacine, clean my house, do a million loads of laundry, figure out my FMLA and disability paperwork, send in my hospital registration forms, and...have a baby.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Baby's bathroom still has to be primed, textured, primed again, painted, lights installed, floor finished, fixtures installed... but I'm not too stressed about that... it's not like she needs her own bathroom in the beginning, lol, it will be a while before she's a teenager!
    Baby's room needs carpet, lights installed, dressers put together, closets finished.
    Still need to: pick and buy rocker/glider, wash baby clothes.

We still have another shower, so I'm kinda waiting on that to see what else we'll need to bring her home.

I got my TDaP and Flu shots a couple of days ago, so at least I have one thing done!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so jealous...I haven't even tried to write down everything we have left.  You go girl!
  • Options

imagemixedqt21:
    I'm so jealous...I haven't even tried to write down everything we have left.  You go girl!

This! We still have so much to do.

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• Options

umm we have alot to do to!

having my shower next weekend, make list of anything we still need afterwards and go on a shopping trip.

Buy items I need (maxi pads, nursing pads, cheapo granny panties) plus stock up on nessessities for the house

install carseats

attend birthing class

pack hospital bag

finish work projects

have baby!

• Options

I almost wish I had more to do.  Now that Christmas is over, (and seriously, how much fun is New Year's Eve going to be for a pregnant woman who can't keep her eyes open after 9 PM?) I need to find something to keep my mind occupied for 8 more weeks!  All we have left to do for the nursery is put up the curtains, install a ceiling fan, and stain some letters that spell baby boy's name for the wall over his dresser.  Otherwise, it's baby swing assembly, pack and play assemblly, laundry, etc, which seems too soon to do right now.  We have 2 more childbirth classes left, one on baby care and one on breastfeeding.  I've been reading parenting books for weeks, so I know what the heck to do when he gets here.  I do need to get all the post-partum fun items like giant pads and granny panties, and pack my bag.  And then there's the whole push baby out of vag thing.

We're getting close, but I'm so impatient to meet this little guy!

• Options

I still have to have my baby shower, finish getting anything I don't get at my baby shower, decorate the walls some more and decide if I want a bassinet or not. Get storage things for the room, wash clothes and put everything away!!

This is what I HAVE done:

Crib together and bedding in

Changing table in

Glider in

Thats all!! haha...Lots to do left!!

• Options
    Yeah, I haven't done anything. We're not setting up a nursery or anything like that. All I have is baby clothes, basically. We need a car seat, breast feeding supplies and a few other items.
    Elkanah Brave, born 02/06/2012 7:26am
  • Options

I'm such a planner! I made Honey Do List for myself, hubby and "joint" and put them on the fridge a month ago. So far we have done a great job of tackling them. The nursery is pretty much ready to go but we do have a few big items like: choose pediatrician, find someone for childcare (2 days a week), get video camera - and figure out how to use it, get breastpump, birthing classes etc.

Hubby is traveling for work to Arkansas, Aruba and Aspen in the next month. We also won a weekend trip through my work to a bed and breakfast in January and I'm in charge of a HUGE charity event in February. With those events and planning to work full-time up to delivery we wanted to have as much ready as possible. I will feel a lot better when we have childcare lined up - since I only plan on taking 4 weeks of maternity leave.

• Options
    I have so much left to do I can't even begin to think about it!  Listing would make me have a panic attack I think... so for now I'm just trying to get through this weekend (not really looking forward to NYE) and next weekend (my shower!) and all the guests that will be here for the next week and a half. Then maybe I can rest and refocus on what needs to be done...
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options

I'm feeling very ready and at the same time very not ready!

-move guest bed to basement

-wait for completion coupon for registry and buy monitor, bedding, changing table cover, hamper, and a bunch more misc. stuff

-take ugly shelves down from the walls and repair holes (maybe even paint...ugh) 

-decide whether we're moving DD to the bigger room or keeping LO in bigger room

-pack hospital bag for us and overnight bag for DD

-wash hand-me-downs and put baby clothes in drawers

-figure out who's watching DD while we're at the hospital (this might be a last minute, whoever's available thing) 

• Options
    Oh my gosh, it would be easier to list the things I've got done!  Hubby and I tackled a large portion of the deep housecleaning this "weekend" (his days off are in the middle of the week), but there's still almost everything to do for the nursery...  we also still need to apply for maternity benefits, if we can.  We'll need to go to the office in our town to find out, since I worked for hubby's company all year and we don't know if I will qualify...  still need to wash baby clothes, do a quick home-machine steam clean on the carpets and furniture, do a second registry, since the first place we did ours put all their products on clearance, get the carseat installed and checked, finish knitting baby's sweater, arrange puppy care for while we're at the hospital, pack hospital bag...  man, the list just keeps on going!  Just glad I'll have the time after this weekend!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Oh my gosh, my husband and I have so much to do! We're trying to find a contractor to start our home remodel, which means that we'll probably have to move into an apartment for 3 months during construction. It's inconvenient timing but my husband is anxious to get started on the project and our roof is leaking a little.

I haven't bought much for the baby yet (my baby shower isn't until Jan. 21st). I did buy a 300-box of size 1 diapers, a 264-box of size 2 diapers and a large box of wipes from Amazon. My relatives & friends gave me a used baby crib, bedding, baby glider/swing, changing table and we did get a car seat & stroller. My birthing classes start next weekend & my maternity photo session is in 2 weeks. Plus I still need to tour the hospital and pack my hospital bag. We have tons to do & only 7 more weeks to go! I'm so excited!    

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I'm feeling pretty good w/ what we have left to do.  I'm way too much of a planner to let things go this late into the game.  Nursery is perfectly finished, stocked, and ready for baby!

We still need to order a few items...waiting for shower to see what we our gifted

Car seat needs installing

Childbirth classes are next week

The only thing left to organize/clean in my house is my downstair's bathroom cabinet...will tackle over the weekend.

Making some photo books that have been on my to-do list for awhile...such as our wedding album!  We've been married for over 3 years and I keep pushing it off.  So want to do that b/c I feel the baby will take over once she's here and it may never get done...plus our maternity photos I want to create a small album for as well.  Again this w/e sounds like the perfect time to dedicate to that.

Pack Hospital Bag - this w/e.

Make L&D music cd - this w/e

Finalize our decision on new health coverage for me and baby as I will not be returning to work after maternity leave 

Finalize Life Insurance Plan 

Meet with Attorney to draw up a Trust ( in place of a will)

We are so close to being good and ready...almost baby time!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Move ds2 in with ds1 Take down ds nursery Set up dd nursery Wash clothes Set up swing Sterilize bottles/purchase refresher pieces Pack for hospital Buy all her personal little things and some burp cloths
  • Options

- Install car seat

- Do registry completion

- Finish washing everything (every time I think we're done, we receive a random blanket or find some socks to forgot about)

- Organize dresser and closet

- Find an in-home daycare (we are starting the interview process this Sunday)

- Pack away the baby gear she won't need for awhile (of course this can only be done once the Christmas stuff is packed away)

- Pack hospital bag

- Make freezer meals (I've been slacking and have only made one) 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker peri-partum cardio myopathy survivor
  • Options

Install carseat (this weekend!!)

Organize baby's bathroom

Wash remaining sheets/blankets/swing cover etc (this weekend)

Get Angelcare monitor

Wash bottles

Wash BFing stuff

Have baby =)

• Options
    imagelawmom2be:

Wash BFing stuff

Ugh, I didn't even think of this!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker peri-partum cardio myopathy survivor
  • Options
    Ha! Talk about a lot left to do--we are starting the nursery this weekend. New flooring, wainscoting, trim and closet. I'm waiting until baby is born to decorate. It kind of amazes me how laid back I am about everything the second time around--I definitely had everything almost ready to go by this point last time!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"