Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Period question.

I had a chemical pregnancy in October. I haven't gotten my period yet. Is this normal, or should I call my doctor for an appointment? I am not sure of the regular time frame. Thank you.

ETA: Yes, I have tested just to be sure that I am not pregnant. Definitely not. 

Re: Period question.

• I've heard that if your period hasn't returned within 8 weeks, you should let your doctor know. {hugs}
    It was a rough road, but Arlo Daniel was born April 1, 2013—and our second rainbow is due October 12, 2014.
  • I know that after my losses I was anxious to have my cycle come back.  My doc said to give it 8 weeks and after that I should call and he'd give me progesterone to get my period going.  Mine showed up between 6-8 weeks after both of my losses.

I certainly don't think it would hurt for you to call.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Loading the player...
  • I would definitely call your doctor if it's been more than 8 weeks like PP said. That is what my doc said too.
  • My doctor told me AF should come 4-6 weeks after my D&C.  I'm not sure if it's different with a natural miscarriage.  I would call your doctor if you are concerned.  Hope she shows up soon for you!
  • Doc told me to give him a buzz if AF doesnt return within 8 weeks - maybe you should put in a call to be safe! ((HUGS))
    BFP #1 - 10/10/11, 1st U/S 12/5/11 @ 8w, BO discovered, d&c 12/9/11. HCG @ 0 - 1/4/11.
    BFP #2 - 04/04/12, 1st Beta @ 9DPO 19, 2nd Beta @ 13 DPO 168. 1st u/s - 4/30/12 - we have a heartbeat!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    image * * PGAL/PAL/TTCAL Always Welcome! * *
  • Thank you, ladies. Smile We're not trying for a baby. I just wasn't sure if I should be concerned about it not showing up. I will call when I come home from vacation.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"