February 2012 Moms
Options

Who's wrapping/binding belly after baby?

Okay, I've been researching these belly wraps/binders for weeks now, and I think I'm between the Bamboo Belly Bandit or the 12 in. La Leche League Waist Nipper.

This is #3 for me and I've heard that 1. it takes longer for muscles to relax and go down after birth with each subsequent child and 2. these things really help to do that. I'm not expecting any miracles, but I could def. use any help I can get! We have a wedding to attend at the end of April (I know everyone will be looking at the bride, but I would like to feel somewhat normal by then!) and then we are going on a big romantic getaway at the end of May. I'm hoping that this binder will help with my posture, help those muscles go down, and just give me some confidence by holding things in during the first month after birth b4 I can really jump on my work out regimen.

That said, who else is planning on binding/wrapping, what product did you choose, and why? 

Re: Who's wrapping/binding belly after baby?

• Options
    I am I didn't really research any of them to be honest I saw it when I was registering and figured it would be a good idea to get one LOL
  • Options
    I have one from the first time around, I don't remember what brand. I think it worked okay! At the very least it helped my muscles feel secure after a c/s.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just curious. Are these meant to be worn all the time? At night? The concept is pretty intriguing.
  • Options
    I was planning on using 6 inch ace bandages...call me cheap! Big Smile
  • Options
    My OB's office advertises for the Belly Bandit, so I will probably give that one a go.
  • Options
    I wore the Medela post partum support with my first. Bought another for this baby. Highly recommend. Not sure if it helps "tighten" any faster, but I my self-esteem was much better with it on. The ONLY time I took it off wash to wash it or shower. I swear you just feel so much better about the extra flab when you can't feel it jiggle everytime you bend over/walk around to do anything! :P
    Our angel is in heaven 12/12/08
    BFP 2/25/09
    HCG 3/6=518 3/8=1230
    1st Ultrasound 3/18 FHR=103
    2nd U/S 3/20 FHR=118!!
    3rd U/S 4/1 FHR=169 :)
    BIG U/S 5/22=IT'S A BOY! FHR-148
    DS Born October 30, 2009
    BFP 5/27/11 Stick baby, stick!
    HCG 5/31=140 P=9 HCG 6/2=292 P=11
    1ST Ultrasound 6/15 FHR=109!!
    U/S 8/18=IT'S A BOY! FHR-141 :)
    DS Born January 20, 2012
    BFP 5/27/13 EDD 2-5-14
    U/S 8/17 FRH-141 It's a boy!!

• Options
    My OB told me that she'll put in an order for one for me when I go in to deliver, and then insurance will cover it. For free, I'll certainly give it a try! It might be worth asking about if it's something you're considering doing, the more insurance covers the better.
  • Options
    I want to get one for sure! Our local medical supply store has them for about $17. I figure it is worth it to atleast try. I used my belly band a lot with DS but it wasnt quiet enough, I would have liked some more support.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"