November 2011 Moms
Options

When will your LO go in the other room?

This isin relation to an earlier post about LOs going in their cribs and I was thinking that it still seems so early!  No judgement, just didn't anticipate putting LO in his own room for a few more months because we breast feed and because I feel like I will want him close for a while. When are you going to put your LOs in their crib and how are you making this decision?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: When will your LO go in the other room?

• Options

With DD1, SHE chose when she went in her room--at 3.5 weeks.  She was so restless and fussy every night, and WOULD NOT sleep in our room, so one night out frustration, I put her in her crib and slept on the floor!  She slept 5.5 hours that night, and was in her room ever since. 

With DD2, I had a harder time putting her in her own room.  However, DH is going back to work next week, and he gets up really early (like 4:30), and he didn't want to wake her (and therefore me), so we thought we'd try it and see how it went.  She took to the crib just fine, and that's that. 

Big A 06-07-08 Little A 11-11-11
  • Options
    I am planning to once LO starts STTN, or when she is 3 months old. Whichever comes first. That is when we will actually start a real bedtime routine with her also. I like having her at arms reach for the night feedings right now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD moved to her room at 5 weeks because my DH went back to work. He works swing shift, and when he came to bed around 12, it would wake her up and she would be restless the rest of the night. Shortly after moving her to her room, she started STTN which has been wonderful! I think we were waking her up at night once she became more sensitive to light and sound. I had planned on keeping her in our room until January 1st. I am learning the importance of adjusting my expectations to her cues.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Eagerly awaiting the arrival of our Rainbow Baby after 2 early m/c.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I believe the arm's reach is only supposed to be used until 4 months, so that's probably when we'll move her.  We'll likely partially bed share until she STTN, which I don't expect to happen until past the 1 year mark

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DS is a very loud sleeper (constant grunting, laughing, etc.). we had to move him so we could get some sleep. He actually slept better in his crib last night than he did in his bassinet. Also, at 24 inches so far he is outgrowing the bassinet already. I have a really small house so he's not that far away and we have the video monitor to keep an eye on him.
  • Options
    DS slept in our room one night.  He's been in a bassinet in the nursery since, and just transitioned to his crib 2 days ago.  
  • Options
    I put my LO into her nursery around 6 weeks. She was making so much noise she kept me up at night. She sleeps much more soundly in her own room, and has slept for longer in the night. It's best for all of us!
  • Options
    We are waiting tell she is 3 to 6 months. Her and DS are going to be sharing the room and I want her sttn before she is in there. So far she is a good sleeper at night. I still want to wait because I sleep better at night knowing we can jump out of bed if something is wrong.
    ~I Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Posting from an Android sorry for any errors
  • Options
    With DD#1 I was set on putting her in her room from the start.  While the first night home I couldn't be that far from her so we went and bought a bassinet.  Then I said I would keep her in our room for 4 months...I kept her in for 6 months.  I will keep DD#2 in our room for 4-6 months.  She is already 11 lbs and her bassinet goes up to 15 lbs so she may grow out of it sooner than later.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"