Infertility

Autoimmune testing?

I've had 2 failed IUI's, I'm 27 and have unexplained infertility.

I was wondering if anyone has had autoimmune testing, or if you have been diagnosed with autoimmune infertility. 

I have a patch of psoriasis the size of a quarter,..but its an autoimmune disease..so I am starting to wonder if that may be the cause.

I would appreciate any information! I emailed my RE today to see how to be tested.

Me: 27, DH 30. TTC since June'10. Lap. in Aug'11 to open right tube, and remove very mild endo. DH just fine. IUI #1 Oct.2011, BFN, cyst forced to wait, IUI#2 BFN. Taking a break before deciding what to do next. No family history of infertility, no known health issues. IF Blog: http://ifdiaries.blogspot.com/

Re: Autoimmune testing?

• I also have psoriasis and unexplained IF. My dermatologist and RE say fertility may be affected due to medication absorption (I do clobetsol solution on my scalp and light treatments 3x/wk for my skin). However, since I am careful to only put my meds on my plaques, they do not believe this is affecting my fertility. After a recent attack of iritis, my dermatologist said she believes I am also HLA-B27 positive. All of my RA, TSH, and ANA values are normal. I often wonder if my IF is autoimmune related, but my RE is not a big believer in reproductive immunology. If my next IVF fails, I plan to do more investigation into the issue. P is such a difficult disease to deal with and it is hard for me to believe it isn't impacting this whole thing. Good luck to you!

TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• Thanks for the info! All of my #'s and levels are fine too..but I feel like there can be plenty of underlying issues that don't show up. I emailed my RE today and told him that I didn't want to do IVF until I had more testing done.

I don't take medication for my psoriasis because it is just a small patch...but I really believe it can be an underlying factor..

Good luck!

Me: 27, DH 30. TTC since June'10. Lap. in Aug'11 to open right tube, and remove very mild endo. DH just fine. IUI #1 Oct.2011, BFN, cyst forced to wait, IUI#2 BFN. Taking a break before deciding what to do next. No family history of infertility, no known health issues. IF Blog: http://ifdiaries.blogspot.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"